Pursuing Graduate School

Going to work in industry after receiving a bachelor’s degree is the chosen path for about 87% of ISU engineers.  The other 13% pursue additional academic study in engineering, law or medicine. There are a number of good reasons to pursue an advanced degree as shown in the following graphic, but there are also costs. This information was prepared to provide guidance to students considering additional education after a bachelor’s degree. Reasons for pursuing an advanced degree include. 1. To increase depth of knowledge and/or area of specialization 2. To develop research, teaching, and other skills 3. To improve employment prospects in areas of interest 4. To enhance earning and career advancement potential 5. To heighten credibility and recognition of expertise

Outline of Pursuing Graduate School Information

NEXT STEP: Why and When to Attend Graduate School