Please see the steps below to create a job posting in CyHire. If you need any assistance with your job postings, reach out to our office at email@example.com.
- Log in to your CyHire account at https://cyhire.iastate.edu/employers
- Click the ‘Create Job Posting’ shortcut on the right side of the homepage.
- Fill out the form. Anything with a red asterisk must be completed.
- Enter as much of a description as you can. This is what students will read when deciding to apply or not.
- Start your GPA as low as you can and screen from there. We suggest starting around a 2.5.
- Enter each individual major you are looking for. Do not put ‘College of Engineering’ as the major – this will be filtered out when students search for positions, so they will not see your job posting. Select specific engineering majors.
- Click ‘Submit’.
- When your job posting has been approved by career services, students and alumni will be able to apply!
For best results with your job postings, include information on the tasks, duties, and responsibilities that will be performed. The following are other great details you can include in your job posting, which can help increase the number of students who apply:
- Required qualifications and experience
- Position-specific duties
- Special qualifications
- Brief overview of the company
- Work environment and organizational culture
- Summary of benefits
- Unique benefits and opportunities