Career Fair Information
Engineering Career Fair
Whether looking for an internship, co-op, post-graduate position, or networking for the future, don’t miss these opportunities; hundreds of employers will be participating in the fair!
Upcoming Career Fairs
Engineering Career Fair
February 7, 2023
12 PM – 5 PM
(Scheman Building and Hilton Coliseum)
It is essential to prepare before the fairs in order to be successful
- Gain knowledge, build confidence, and know who will be in attendance
- #1 piece of feedback from employers is that they wish students would prepare more before the fair
- Which Employers?
- Identify the employers that will be recruiting your major and offering the type of position (post-graduation or internship/co-op) you are seeking
- Also consider other factors such as company size and location
- What to research?
- Products & services
- Job/internship openings & locations
- Company culture
- Recent news (e.g., company changed name, made an acquisition or anything that you find interesting)
- Where to Research?
- Company Website and LinkedIn
- MyState App
Career Fair Prep Week: January 30th – February 3rd, 2023
Skip the line and register ahead of time! Simply swipe your ISU ID (or type in your ID number) to register and get your name badge.
(3200 Marston Hall, M-F, January 30th – February 3rd, 8a-5p)
Having an effective resume can help you in finding success at the career fair. Get a quick review from a Career Advisor.
(3rd Floor of Marston Hall, M-F, January 30th – February 3rd, 11a-1p)
Attend Career Development Seminars
Career development seminars offer you an environment where you can learn from experts and ask any career-related questions you have.
Ask questions, practice your pitch, learn about virtual fairs, take a LinkedIn headshot, and get a rapid resume review all in one afternoon!
(Student Innovation Center Atrium, Thursday, February 2nd, 2p-5p)
Plan Your Attire
Professional or business casual attire is expected for in-person fairs. Attire for virtual career fairs is usually more relaxed, but you should avoid t-shirts, sweats, and casual/athletic clothing.
ISU Pop-Up Shop: If you are in need of professional or business casual attire visit the ISU Pop-Up Shop in 1009 LeBaron.
- The shop will be open: TBD
Important Special Note: Please do not accept an offer of employment until you are ready to reject all future offers. Employers are required to give you at least two weeks to consider offers of employment so that you can participate in as much of the recruiting season as possible. Reneging on an employment commitment is not tolerated at ISU. If you are being pressured to make a quick decision, please inform Engineering Career Services.