Thank you for your interest in recruiting from the College of Engineering at Iowa State University! Engineering Career Services helps employers connect with thousands of current students and alumni who are prepared to make a difference in the world through creative, innovative engineering solutions. With the exception of the Career Fair and Mass Interview Day events, all employer services are provide free of charge. More information can be found by following the links on this page, but please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
Whether hiring for post-graduation or internship/co-op positions,
More Employer Information
- Additional Ways to Connect with Students: Get involved in student activities and projects to increase name recognition and see emerging engineering talent in action.
- Partner with ISU: Explore the ways you can build your relationship with Iowa State’s College of Engineering to develop engineers, expand knowledge, improve technologies, and make new discoveries.
- Effective Campus Recruiting Strategies
- Learn More About the College of Engineering:
- College of Engineering Overview Brochure
- Engineering Programs Document – This documents provides more in depth information about our departments and their programs.
- College of Engineering Web Pages and the ISU catalog.
- Four-Year Plans for Engineering Majors
- Demographics, Placement Rates, Salary Information
- Increase Your Company’s Diversity and Global Perspective
- Engineering Career Services’ Mission & Policies
Iowa employers may qualify for grants from the Iowa Economic Development Authority to help pay the cost of employing interns.
IOWA STUDENT INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
The Iowa Student Internship Program provides grants to small and medium-sized companies in bioscience, advanced manufacturing or information technology. This helps to offset the financial portion of intern wages. Fall 2021, Spring 2022 and Summer 2022 Iowa Student Internship Program Applications are open until April 30, 2022 or until funds are depleted. For more information and to apply go to: https://www.iowaeconomicdevelopment.com/student
STEM INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
The Science Technology Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) Internship program provides grants to Iowa companies that offer internships to students of Iowa community colleges, private colleges, regents universities or to students who graduated from an Iowa high school and attend a college or university outside of Iowa. The application for Fall 2021, Spring 2022, and Summer 2022 is now open until April 30, 2022. For more information and to apply https://www.iowaeconomicdevelopment.com/stem
Engineering Career Services Annual Report
View recruiting information for the past year, including: Career Fairs, On-Campus Interviewing, Experiential Education, and much more!