Thank you for your interest in recruiting from the College of Engineering at Iowa State University! Engineering Career Services helps employers connect with thousands of current students and alumni who are prepared to make a difference in the world through creative, innovative engineering solutions. With the exception of the Career Fair and Mass Interview Day events, all employer services are provided free of charge. More information can be found by following the links on this page, but please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
Please take advantage of the following recruiting activities:
Download our Guide to Hiring ISU Engineers for an abbreviated version of the information found on the above-linked pages.
More Employer Information
- Additional Ways to Connect with Students: Get involved in student activities and projects to increase name recognition and see emerging engineering talent in action.
- Partner with ISU: Explore the ways you can build your relationship with Iowa State’s College of Engineering to develop engineers, expand knowledge, improve technologies, and make new discoveries.
Learn More About the College of Engineering:
- College of Engineering Overview Brochure
- Please note: since the publication of this brochure, the Cyber Security minor has become a full major in the Electrical and Computer Engineering department.
- Engineering Programs Document – This document provides more in-depth information about our departments and their programs.
- College of Engineering Web Pages and the ISU catalog.
- Four-Year Plans for Engineering Majors
- Demographics, Placement Rates, Salary Information
Increase Your Company’s Diversity and Global Perspective
Iowa employers may qualify for grants from the Iowa Economic Development Authority to help pay the cost of employing interns.
IOWA STUDENT INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
The Iowa Student Internship Program provides grants to small and medium-sized companies in bioscience, advanced manufacturing or information technology. This helps to offset the financial portion of intern wages. Fall 2021, Spring 2022 and Summer 2022 Iowa Student Internship Program Applications are open until April 30, 2022 or until funds are depleted. For more information and to apply go to: https://www.iowaeconomicdevelopment.com/student
STEM INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
The Science Technology Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) Internship program provides grants to Iowa companies that offer internships to students of Iowa community colleges, private colleges, regents universities or to students who graduated from an Iowa high school and attend a college or university outside of Iowa. The application for Fall 2021, Spring 2022, and Summer 2022 is now open until April 30, 2022. For more information and to apply https://www.iowaeconomicdevelopment.com/stem