Creating a presence on campus and regularly engaging with students are important strategies for recruiting highly sought-after candidates. Name recognition and company image are important when trying to attract the attention of busy college students. Interacting with students provides opportunities to evaluate skill sets, interests and personalities.
Employers that are already posting jobs on CyHire, attending career fairs, interviewing on campus, employing interns, and holding information sessions can also connect with students in the following ways:
- Have a descriptive company profile in CyHire and include a logo to increase name/brand recognition
- Participate in educational and student development
- Contribute to a Capstone Design Project
- Help with workshops, employer Q & A panels, & mock interview sessions
- Provide guidance, financial support and/or make a presentation to student organizations.
- Make a technical presentation to a class (requires invitation from the instructor but ECS can help make connections)
- Fund scholarships or otherwise support the College of Engineering (ISU Foundation)
- Sponsor research involving graduate and/or undergraduate students (Engineering Research Institute)
- Serve on an advisory board (requires an invitation by the department chair)
- Advertise in the campus newspaper (Iowa State Daily)