Creating a presence on campus and regularly engaging with students are important strategies for recruiting highly sought-after candidates. Name recognition and company image are important when trying to attract the attention of busy college students. Interacting with students provides opportunities to evaluate skill sets, interests and personalities.
Please take advantage of the standard services that the College provides to help employers connect with students and alumni. These include posting jobs on CyHire, attending career fairs, interviewing on campus, holding information sessions and employing interns. The following additional activities can increase name recognition on campus and provide added networking opportunities:
- Have a descriptive company profile in CyHire and include a logo to increase name/brand recognition
- Participate in educational and student development
- Get involved in a Capstone Design Project
- Help with workshops, employer Q & A panels, and mock interview sessions
- Provide guidance, financial support and/or make a presentation to student organizations.
- Make a technical presentation to a class (requires invitation from the instructor but ECS can help make connections)
- Fund scholarships or otherwise support the College of Engineering (ISU Foundation)
- Sponsor research involving graduate and/or undergraduate students (Engineering Research Institute)
- Serve on an advisory board (requires an invitation by the department chair)
- Advertise in the campus newspaper (Iowa State Daily)
Note: Please don’t ask other departments or student organizations to arrange recruiting events for you. It is the responsibility of Engineering Career Services to support the recruiting activities of employer and we are eager to assist you.