Thank you for your interest in recruiting from the College of Engineering at Iowa State University! Engineering Career Services helps employers connect with thousands of current students and alumni who are prepared to make a difference in the world through creative, innovative engineering solutions. With the exception of career fairs, all employer services are provide free of charge. More information can be found by following the links on this page, but please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
Information Regarding Fall 2020 Recruiting: Limiting the spread of the COVID-19 virus and ensuring the safety of students and campus visitors is a priority of Iowa State University. Large in-person recruiting events will not be held during the fall 2020 semester due to the difficulty of ensuring adequate physical distancing. However, systems for virtual networking and interviewing are in place to facilitate the effective recruiting of ISU students. Engineering Career Services is eager to assist employers that have questions about recruiting effectively using virtual methods. See more information regarding virtual recruiting options here.
Whether hiring for post-graduation or internship/co-op positions,
please take advantage of the following recruiting activities:
Download our Hiring Iowa State Engineering Students and Alumni Information Sheet for an abbreviated version of the information found on the above linked pages.
More Employer Information
- Additional Ways to Connect with Students: Get involved in student activities and projects to increase name recognition and see emerging engineering talent in action.
- Partner with ISU: Explore the ways you can build your relationship with Iowa State’s College of Engineering to develop engineers, expand knowledge, improve technologies, and make new discoveries.
- Effective Campus Recruiting Strategies
- Learn More About the College of Engineering:
- College of Engineering Overview Brochure
- Engineering Programs Document – This documents provides more in depth information about our departments and their programs.
- College of Engineering Web Pages and the ISU catalog.
- Four-Year plans for engineering majors
- Demographics, Placement Rates, Salary Information
- Increase Your Company’s Diversity and Global Perspective
- Engineering Career Services’ Mission & Policies
Iowa employers may qualify for grants from the Iowa Economic Development Authority to help pay the cost of employing interns.
IOWA STUDENT INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
STEM INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
Engineering Career Services Annual Report
View recruiting information for the past year, including: Career Fairs, On-Campus Interviewing, Experiential Education, and much more!