Welcome to Engineering Career Services at
Iowa State University
We take pride in helping ISU engineering students and alumni plan, prepare for, and launch successful careers. Additionally, we enjoy helping employers connect with ISU’s great engineering talent. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunity and follow the guidelines established by the National Association of Colleges and Employers.
Please use the menu at the top and the quick links to explore the information we have prepared for you.
Services During CoVID-19 Social Distancing Period
Engineering Career Services continues to provide services to students, alumni and employers during the period of social distancing aimed at slowing the spread of the COVID-19 virus. While we are doing our part by not participating in face-to-face meetings, we continue to interact with all of our customers via email, phone, and video conferencing. We are also expanding our efforts to help job seekers and employers connect by assembling resume books and facilitating interviews via video conferencing. See the following for more specific information:
Students and Alumni:
- Career Advising: Schedule career advising appointments through CyHire or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Online Career Prep Learning: On-demand career preparation information can be found in the student area of this website and through the Engineering Career Prep Course in Canvas. If you do not see this course on your Canvas dashboard or have any questions, email or call us.
- Job Postings: Please continue to post employment opportunities through your CyHire account. If you don’t currently have a CyHire account, you can create one and post positions free of charge (see the CyHire link in the menu)
- Resume Books: Employers that have a full-time position posted in CyHire will be granted access to an opt-in resume book for graduating seniors beginning in mid-October.
- Interviewing via Phone or Video Conferencing: If you need any assistance in arranging interviews via the phone or video conferencing, please let us know. We are eager to assist.