Career Fair Information for Students
Whether looking for an internship, co-op, full-time position, or
networking for the future, don’t miss these opportunities;
hundreds of employers will be participating in the fair!
2020 Spring Engineering Career Fair
Tuesday, February 11, 2020
Location: Scheman Building and Hilton Coliseum
Time: 12:00 to 5:00p
Location of On-Campus Interviewing on 2/12: Memorial Union
Important Special Note: Please do not accept an offer of employment until you are ready to reject all future offers. Employers are required to give you at least three weeks to consider offers of employment so that you can participate in as much of the recruiting season as possible. Reneging on a employment commitment is not tolerated at ISU. If you are being pressured to make a quick decision, please inform Engineering Career Services.
Preparing for the Fairs:
- See our Career Fair Advice in Canvas (ISU login required) for more information on preparing for the career fairs.
- Attend the One-Stop Career Fair Prep Event on Feb. 6th from 3PM-7PM (come and go as you please) in Sukup Hall Atrium
- 3-7PM: 1-Minute Resume Reviews, Practice Your Elevator Pitch, Register Early for the Career Fair, Take a LinkedIn Profile Picture, Ask Questions About the Career Fair
- 5-6PM: Employer & Student Panel
- 6-7PM: Networking Hour with Employers
- Please contact Engineering Career Services or Student Accessibility Services if you need an accommodation at the career fair due to a disability.
Maps & Employer Research: For a complete list of employers including majors and types of positions they are hiring for, log in to your CyHire account and select the Engineering Career Fair under the ‘Events’ tab. You should begin your research as soon as possible. Employers will begin to register for the Fall fairs in June and the Spring fair in November. Check back often for the most up-to-date employer information. Also be sure to use the ‘Fairs’ section of the MyState app! In addition to information available in CyHire, the app also includes interactive maps to help you plan your route for the day of the fair. For more information on preparing for the career fairs, view Module 6 of the Career Prep Course in Canvas.
- Early – Starting week 2 of the semester, stop by 3200 Marston Hall to complete the quick and easy registration process by swiping your student ID card and getting your required name badge.
- Day of the Fair – Registration is open during the fair on the ground floor of the Scheman Building. There have been significant lines in past years so early registration is highly recommended. Alumni and students that will be transferring to ISU, please complete the guest registration process in this same area.
CyRide Bus Map for Career Fair: The map below shows the route of the Engineering Career Fair CyRide shuttle. Buses will stop approximately every 10 minutes on the day of the fair (from approximately 11:50AM to 6PM). You can also use the regular Red, Blue, and Orange routes to get to the career fair.