The answer to this question is as unique as you are!
Iowa State offers more opportunities to enjoy your new college adventure. There are endless possibilities to meet new friends, get involved and explore your interests outside of classwork. We promote a campus environment that cultivates a sense of belonging, new discoveries and limitless memories. Check out what awaits you:
- A beautiful 1,900 acre campus resembling a national park that features amazing architecture, abundant green spaces, Lake LaVerne, historical treasures and one of the largest public art collections in the country.
- Robust cultural activities, performing arts and world-class entertainment on campus and in our city of Ames.
- More than 800 student clubs and organizations.
- Big 12 athletics and the excitement of Cyclone Nation fandom.
- More than 40 intramural sports (some you never knew existed).
- On-campus housing options designed to fit your needs and lifestyle, including a dynamic Greek community.
- Dining choices so you will never go hungry range from residential dining centers and food courts to cafes, restaurants and convenience stores.
- Excellent job placement rates, a strong experiential education program and one of the largest engineering career fairs in the nation – all supported by a Career Services office dedicated to engineering students.