Take a look at all of the opportunities available for transfer students to help finance their engineering education.
General Merit Scholarships
Scholarships through the College of Engineering are awarded to transfer students on the basis of academic ability as measured by ACT or SAT scores (if taken), grades earned in basic program courses at transfer school(s), and essay responses.
Students must apply to be considered for transfer merit awards.
The Spring 2020 engineering transfer student merit scholarship is now open!
How to Apply
Fill out the online Spring 2020 transfer student merit scholarship application by January 1, 2020 at 11:59 PM.
STEP 1: Register for a Net-ID
- Your Net-ID is your Iowa State e-mail address without “@iastate.edu”.
- Use your 9 digit University ID to register
- Found in the acceptance packet that was mailed to you
- If you lost your packet, call our Admissions Office at 800-262-3810. (For security purposes, University IDs are not given via email.)
- Contact the Solution Center if you experience a problem registering.
- It can sometimes take overnight for the account to become fully activated. It is recommend to wait overnight and attempt your first login the following day after creating the Net-ID.
STEP 2: Complete Scholarship Applications
- Click the yellow “Sign In” button to log in with your Net-ID and password
- General Application
- You must click Finish and Submit to advance on and see the Engineering Student Program Support – Spring Entry Transfer Students scholarship application in the Other Opportunities section of OneApp.
- Engineering Student Program Support – Spring Entry Transfer Students application
You are allowed to complete your application across multiple visits. Click Save and Keep Editing to save and come back to it later.
Changes can be made without penalty up to January 1, 2020. You are responsible for ensuring changes are saved by clicking Update.
You must click Submit for your application to be deemed official. Your application will not be reviewed unless you have done this.
The final deadline that applications will be accepted is January 1, 2020 at 11:59 PM.
Office of Student Financial Aid
Explore the Financial Aid website for information related to:
Learn & Earn
Many jobs are available through the College Work Study (CWS) program for students who meet financial need requirements as determined by the FAFSA and the criteria of individual employers for available work-study positions.
How to Apply
File the FAFSA between October 1 and December 1. Be sure to indicate your interest in CWS on the FAFSA because preference in hiring is given to those who meet financial need requirements as determined by FAFSA.
Some scholarships are available specifically for study abroad experiences.