Check the list below for all of the opportunities available for first-year students to help finance their engineering education. If you have any questions about our scholarships, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
General Merit Scholarships
More than $500,000 is distributed among qualified engineering first-year students. Most are renewable for an additional year if a minimum GPA is maintained and academic progress is made.
Fall 2018 Incoming Engineering Students
Automatic merit scholarships are available to students with an ACT composite of 33 to 36 or an SAT combined score of 1500 or higher. A notification letter will be sent in the mail to students who meet these requirements.
The department of Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering offers scholarships to their incoming freshmen students. The deadline to apply is July 1. Please click on the link above for additional information or to apply.
The College of Engineering is sponsoring FIRST® scholarships with a value of $1,000 each for high school seniors planning to enroll for Fall 2018. The scholarship would be for the 2018-2019 academic year and the award would be split evenly between the fall and spring semesters. A limited number of awards are available. Students must be a member of a FIRST® Team for the 2017-2018 season to be eligible. Students who apply and are selected to receive this award must officially accept their offer to ISU by May 1, 2018 to be guaranteed funding.
Fall 2018 Scholarships for FIRST® Students
FIRST® scholarships are available to students who meet the following criteria:
- Current senior, eligible to attend college fall of 2018
- Must be a member of a FIRST® Team for the 2017-2018 season
- ACT composite of 28-32 or an SAT combined score of 1320-1499
- Admitted to Iowa State University with a major in Engineering
- Iowa resident
ISU Net-ID is required to log on to the scholarship application website. To register for an ISU Net-ID:
- Go to https://www.it.iastate.edu/foryou/students/
- Click on Register your Net-ID
- Follow the steps provided.
- You will need your 9 digit University ID to register, found in the packet detailing your acceptance to Iowa State that was mailed to you
- If you do not have access to your University ID, call our Admissions Office at 800-262-3810. (We do not give this information via email for security purposes.)
- If you have any issues or questions about this process while completing it, please contact the Information Technology Solution Center at 515-294-4000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- It can sometimes take overnight for the account to become fully activated, so we recommend waiting overnight and attempting your first login the following day after creating the Net-ID.
Once you have your Net-ID, you will be able to complete the FIRST® Scholarship application.
The application can be found at https://iastate.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_eRq1lwedW2guQx7, and the deadline to apply is April 1, 2018 at 11:59 PM.
Office of Student Financial Aid
Explore the Financial Aid website for information related to:
Learn & Earn
Many jobs are available through the College Work Study (CWS) program for students who meet financial-need requirements as determined by the FASFA and the criteria of individual employers for available work-study positions.
HOW TO APPLY:
File the FAFSA between October 1 and December 1. Be sure to indicate your interest in Federal Work Study on the FAFSA because preference in hiring is given to those who meet financial-need requirements as determined by FAFSA.