Check the list below for all of the opportunities available for first-year students to help finance their engineering education. If you have any questions about our scholarships, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
General Merit Scholarships
More than $500,000 is distributed among qualified engineering first-year students. Most are renewable for an additional year if a minimum GPA is maintained and academic progress is made.
Fall 2021 Incoming Engineering Students
Eligibility requirements for Fall 2021 incoming engineering freshmen is currently being determined and will be posted soon.
The College of Engineering is sponsoring FIRST® scholarships with a value of $1,000 each for high school seniors planning to enroll for Fall 2021. The scholarship would be for the 2021-2022 academic year and the award would be split evenly between the fall and spring semesters. A limited number of awards are available. Students must be a member of a FIRST® Team for the 2020-2021 season to be eligible. Students who apply and are selected to receive this award must officially accept their offer to Iowa State by May 1, 2021 to be guaranteed funding.
Fall 2021 Scholarships for FIRST® Students
FIRST® scholarships are available to students who meet the following criteria:
- Current high school senior, eligible to attend college fall of 2021
- Must be a member of a FIRST® Team for the 2020-2021 season
- High School GPA of 3.6 or higher
- Admitted to Iowa State University with a major in Engineering
- Iowa resident
ISU Net-ID is required to log on to the scholarship application website. To register for an ISU Net-ID:
- Go to https://www.it.iastate.edu/services/accounts#net-id
- Click on Register your Net-ID
- Follow the steps provided.
- You will need your 9 digit University ID to register, found in the packet detailing your acceptance to Iowa State that was mailed to you
- If you do not have access to your University ID, call our Admissions Office at 800-262-3810. (We do not give this information via email for security purposes.)
- If you have any issues or questions about this process while completing it, please contact the Information Technology Solution Center at 515-294-4000 or email@example.com.
- It can sometimes take overnight for the account to become fully activated, so we recommend waiting overnight and attempting your first login the following day after creating the Net-ID.
Once you have your Net-ID, you will be able to complete the FIRST® Scholarship application.
The application can be found at https://iastate.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0l9ydnxp9TisD53, and the deadline to apply is April 1, 2021 at 11:59 PM.
Office of Student Financial Aid
Explore the Financial Aid website for information related to:
Learn & Earn
Many jobs are available through the College Work Study (CWS) program for students who meet financial-need requirements as determined by the FASFA and the criteria of individual employers for available work-study positions.
HOW TO APPLY:
File the FAFSA between October 1 and December 1. Be sure to indicate your interest in Federal Work Study on the FAFSA because preference in hiring is given to those who meet financial-need requirements as determined by FAFSA.