Check the list below for all of the opportunities available for first-year students to help finance their engineering education. If you have any questions about our scholarships, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
General Merit Scholarships
More than $500,000 is distributed among qualified engineering first-year students. Most are renewable for an additional year if a minimum GPA is maintained and academic progress is made.
Fall 2019 Incoming Engineering Students
Automatic Merit Scholarships
- ACT Composite of 33 or higher/SAT Combined score of 1450 or higher
- GPA of 3.8 or higher
– Iowa residents: $2,500/year
– Domestic non-Iowa residents: $5,000/year
– Automatically receive an offer for a 2 year (4 semester) guaranteed* award
Students must accept the offer of admission by May 1, 2019 in order to receive any scholarship they may be offered.
* Students are required to maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA, remain enrolled in the College of Engineering, and complete an online scholarship application in January 2020 to continue the award their second year.
Office of Student Financial Aid
Explore the Financial Aid website for information related to:
Learn & Earn
Many jobs are available through the College Work Study (CWS) program for students who meet financial-need requirements as determined by the FASFA and the criteria of individual employers for available work-study positions.
HOW TO APPLY:
File the FAFSA between October 1 and December 1. Be sure to indicate your interest in Federal Work Study on the FAFSA because preference in hiring is given to those who meet financial-need requirements as determined by FAFSA.