What is Concurrent Enrollment?
The concurrent BS/MS classification offers an opportunity for well-qualified Iowa State juniors and seniors to begin working on a master’s degree before completing a bachelor’s degree.
How to Declare Concurrent Enrollment
To obtain the new form, please go to: Concurrent Enrollment for Undergraduate Student Wishing to Pursue a Graduate Certificate or Degree
The process works as follows:
- A student will contact the graduate department of choice and provide that program with the items needed for an admissions decision, along with the partially completed concurrent form.
- The program will make an admissions recommendation and the DOGE will sign the form, indicating the admissions status and term/year of admission.
- The form must then be approved by the undergraduate department and the undergraduate college.
- The form must be delivered to the Graduate College, which will review the admissions recommendation and make an admissions decision.
- That decision will be relayed to the Office of Admissions, which will officially admit the student and notify the Office of the Registrar of the new graduate concurrent status.
- Programs and the student will also be notified of the final decision at this point.
- All other requirements for the concurrent degree (double-counting courses, transfer of credits, etc.) remain the same.
How do I transfer courses from my Graduate Record to my Undergraduate Record?