Chemical reactions are happening all around you—your body converting food to energy, the degradation of biodegradable products in the environment, and ingredients mixing and bonding together to make your favorite recipe. Chemical engineers are experts in chemical reactions—from very large (industrial size) to very small (nanoscale).
Industrial and Manufacturing Systems Engineering
You order a laptop online and expect it to be delivered to your door within 48 hours. That simple transaction sets in motion a complex web of activities involving information, manufacturing and delivery systems. Industrial engineers design, build and analyze and continuously improve these systems.
Not Sure Which Engineering Degree? It’s OK!
If you’re not sure what type of engineer you’d like to be, you’re not alone. About one-third of our first-year students enter as engineering undeclared.
- Four-Year Plans: Fall 2014–2015 Catalog (Class List)
- Contact a College of Engineering Academic Adviser
Accelerated Degree Programs
Undergraduate engineering degrees that can be completed on an accelerated schedule, including in three years. These accelerated degree pathways should be considered as one of the many options students have for completing their studies.
Departments offering a dual degree Bachelor’s and Master’s programs.
- Concurrent BS/MS or BS/MBA in Agricultural Engineering
- Concurrent BS/MEng or BS/MBA in Chemical Engineering
- Concurrent BS/MS or BS/MBA in Civil Engineering
- Concurrent BS/MS, BS/MEng or MS/MBA in Computer Engineering
- Concurrent BS/MS, BS/MEng or MS/MBA in Electrical Engineering
- Concurrent BS/MS, BS/MEng or BS/MBA in Industrial Engineering
- Concurrent BS/MS in Materials Engineering
- Concurrent BS/MS or BS/MBA in Mechanical Engineering
- Languages & Cultures for Professions (LCP)- second major in a World Language
- Biomedical engineering—Open only to students in the College of Engineering
- Energy Systems—Open only to students in the College of Engineering
- Engineering Sales—Open only to students in the College of Engineering
- Nondestructive Evaluation (NDE) Minor—Open only to students in the College of Engineering
- Nuclear Engineering—Open only to students in the College of Engineering
- Entrepreneurial Studies Minor—Open to all qualified students
- Sustainability Studies Minor—Open to all qualified students
- Wind Energy Minor—Open to all qualified students
- Minors available by other colleges – Open to qualified students