Chemical EngineeringChemical reactions are happening all around you—your body converting food to energy, the degradation of biodegradable products in the environment, and ingredients mixing and bonding together to make your favorite recipe. Chemical engineers are experts in chemical reactions—from very large (industrial size) to very small (nanoscale).
Electrical EngineeringElectrical engineers are at the foundation of all electronic devices—such as your mobile phone, laptop, tablet, LED lights and your car. They create technologies that connect the world and work in various industries from power and communications to health care and avionics.
Industrial EngineeringYou order a laptop online and expect it to be delivered to your door within 48 hours. That simple transaction sets in motion a complex web of activities involving information, manufacturing and delivery systems. Industrial engineers design, build and analyze and continuously improve these systems.
Mechanical EngineeringMechanical engineers research, design and manufacture products that, simply put, improve people's lives. By applying the properties of forces, materials, energy and motion, mechanical engineers are involved in nearly every product you can imagine.
Environmental EngineeringAn undergraduate degree in environmental engineering provides students with the engineering and science knowledge necessary to pursue successful careers in environmental engineering firms and related professions – in both the public and private sectors – as well as address critical challenges related to land, air and water quality.
Not Sure Which Engineering Degree? It’s OK!
If you’re not sure what type of engineer you’d like to be, you’re not alone. About one-third of our first-year students enter as engineering undeclared.
Accelerated Degree Programs
Undergraduate engineering degrees that can be completed on an accelerated schedule, including in three years. These accelerated degree pathways should be considered as one of the many options students have for completing their studies.
Departments offering a dual degree Bachelor’s and Master’s programs.
- Concurrent BS/MS, BS/MEng or BS/MBA in Aerospace Engineering
- Concurrent BS/MS or BS/MBA in Agricultural Engineering
- Concurrent BS/MEng or BS/MBA in Chemical Engineering
- Concurrent BS/MS or BS/MBA in Civil Engineering
- Concurrent BS/MS, BS/MEng or MS/MBA in Computer Engineering
- Concurrent BS/MS, BS/MEng or MS/MBA in Electrical Engineering
- Concurrent BS/MS, BS/MEng or BS/MBA in Industrial Engineering
- Concurrent BS/MS in Materials Engineering
- Concurrent BS/MS or BS/MBA in Mechanical Engineering
- Concurrent BS/MS, BS/MEng or BS/MBA in Software Engineering
- Languages & Cultures for Professions (LCP)- second major in a World Language
- Biomedical engineering—Open only to students in the College of Engineering
- Energy Systems—Open only to students in the College of Engineering
- Engineering Sales—Open only to students in the College of Engineering
- Nondestructive Evaluation (NDE) Minor—Open only to students in the College of Engineering
- Cyber Security—Open to all qualified students
- Entrepreneurial Studies Minor—Open to all qualified students
- Sustainability Studies Minor—Open to all qualified students
- Wind Energy – Open to all qualified students
- Minors available by other colleges – Open to qualified students