To recognize faculty members who have demonstrated outstanding teaching performance unusually early in their professional careers.
Eligibility and Criteria
Minimum 2 years (4 semesters) of teaching at ISU and maximum of 6 years (12 semesters) of teaching experience following completion of terminal degree (experience during degree completion will not be considered). Must be ISU employees at the time of convocation (award ceremony).
Evidence of outstanding performance as a teacher, as documented by students and peers.
Please combine documents into a single PDF file before submission.
- Nomination cover page (includes statement by department chair regarding PRS splits) and summary statement on how candidate’s accomplishments in teaching distinguish themselves from discplinary norms and specific instances of impact;
- CoE format Vita with info pertaining to teaching;
- Statement of teaching philosophy accomplishment and impact of teaching (up to 4 pages);
- Evidence of excellence in teaching (e.g. student evaluations, comments, other evidence)
- Up to 3 letters from current and former students, as well as colleagues. When possible, comments from colleagues should reflect team teaching experiences, observations, or other first hand knowledge of the teaching performance.
Submit a CoE Award Nomination