To recognize faculty members for outstanding teaching performance over an extended period of time.
Eligibility and Criteria
Minimum 5 years (10 semesters) of teaching at ISU and at least 10 years of teaching experience following conpletion of terminal degree (experience during degree completion will not be considered). Must be ISU employees at the time of convocation (award ceremony).
Documented evidence, including student and peer evaluations, of sustained outstanding classroom teaching performance, supplemented by evidence of instructional contributions outside the classroom.
Please combine documents into a single PDF file before submission.
- Nomination cover page (includes statement by department chair regarding PRS splits) and summary statement on how candidate’s accomplishments in teaching distinguish themselves from discplinary norms and specific instances of impact;
- CoE format Vita with info pertaining to teaching;
- Statement of teaching philosophy and accomplishment and impact of teaching and impact outside the classroom (up to 4 pages);
- Evidence of excellence in teaching (e.g. student evaluations, comments, other evidence)
- Up to 3 letters from current and former students, as well as colleagues. When possible, comments from colleagues should reflect team teaching experiences, observations, or other first hand knowledge of the teaching performance.
Submit a CoE Award Nomination