Office2076 Black Engr.
2529 Union Dr.
Ames, IA 500112030
- PhD, University of Minnesota-Twin Cities, 2014
- MS, University of Minnesota-Duluth, 2009
- BS, Harbin Institute of Technology, 2007
- Nanomaterials for energy storage and energy conversion
- Acoustophoresis for nanomanufacturing
- Additive Manufacturing
- Functional materials for sensors and actuators
1. B. Zhang+, C. Zhu, Z. Wu, E. Stavitski, Y.H. Lui, T-H, Kim, H. Liu, L. Huang, X. Luan, L. Zhou, K. Jiang, W. Huang, S. Hu*, H. Wang*, J. Francisco*, “Integrating Rh Species with NiFe Layered-Double-Hydroxide for Overall Water Splitting”, Nano Letters, vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 136-144, (2019) . https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.nanolett.9b03460
2. X. Tang+, B. Zhang+, Y.H. Lui+, S. Hu*, “Ni-Mn Bimetallic Oxide Nanosheets as High-Performance Electrode Materials for Asymmetric Supercapacitors”, Journal of Energy Storage, vol. 25, (2019). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.est.2019.100897
3. B. Zhang+, Z. Qi, Z. Wu, Y. H. Lui+, T.-H. Kim, X. Tang+, L. Zhou, W. Huang, and S. Hu*, “Defect-Rich 2D Material Networks for Advanced Oxygen Evolution Catalysts,” ACS Energy Letters, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 328–336, (2018). https://doi.org/10.1021/acsenergylett.8b02343, – Featured as cover of the journal.
4. B. Zhang+, K. Jiang, H. Wang, S. Hu*, “Fluoride-induced dynamic surface self-reconstruction produces unexpectedly efficient oxygen evolution catalyst”, Nano Letters, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 530-537, (2018). https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.nanolett.8b04466
5. B. Zhang+, Y. H. Lui+, A.P.S. Gaur+, B. Chen+, X. Tang+, and S Hu*, “Hierarchical FeNiP Shelled with Ultrathin Carbon Nanoflakes: A Stable Electrocatalyst for Efficient Water Electrolysis and Organic Decomposition”, ACS Applied Materials &Interfaces, vol. 10, no. 10, pp. 8739-8748, (2018). https://doi.org/10.1021/acsami.8b00069
6. X. Tang+, Y. H. Lui+, A. R. Merhi+, B. Chen+, S. Ding, B. Zhang+, and S. Hu*, “Redox-Active Hydrogel Polymer Electrolytes with Different pH Values for Enhancing the Energy Density of the Hybrid Solid-State Supercapacitor”, ACS Applied Materials &Interfaces, vol. 9, no. 51, pp.44429-44440, (2017). https://doi.org/10.1021/acsami.7b11849
7. B. Chen+, Y. Jiang, X. Tang+, Y. Pan*, and S. Hu*, “Fully-Packaged Carbon Nanotube Supercapacitors by Direct Ink Writing on Flexible Substrates”, ACS Applied Materials &Interfaces, vol. 9, no. 34, pp.28433-28440, (2017). https://doi.org/10.1021/acsami.7b06804
8. B. Zhang+, Y. H. Lui+, H. Ni, and S. Hu*, “Bimetallic (FexNi1−x)2P Nanoarrays as Exceptionally Efficient Electrocatalysts for Oxygen Evolution in Alkaline and Neutral Media”, Nano Energy, vol. 38, pp. 553–560, (2017). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nanoen.2017.06.032
9. B. Zhang+, Y. H. Lui+, L. Zhou, X. Tang+, and S. Hu*, “An Alkaline Electro-activated Fe–Ni Phosphide Nanoparticle-stack Array for High-performance Oxygen Evolution under Alkaline and Neutral Conditions”, Journal of Materials Chemistry A, vol. 5, no. 26, pp. 13329–13335, (2017). https://doi.org/10.1039/C7TA03163G, –Featured as back cover of the journal.
10. X. Tang+, Y. H. Lui+, B. Chen+, and S. Hu*, “Functionalized Carbon Nanotube Based Hybrid Electrochemical Capacitors using Neutral Bromide Redox-active Electrolyte for Enhancing Energy Density”, Journal of Power Sources, vol. 352, pp. 118–126, (2017). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpowsour.2017.03.094