Chris Chong-Nuen Chu
Main Office331 Durham
Ames, IA 50011-2252
PhD, Computer Science, University of Texas at Austin (1999)
MS, Computer Science, University of Texas at Austin (1994)
BS, Computer Science, University of Hong Kong (1993)
Core Research Areas: Computing and networking systems; VLSI
Strategic Areas: Materials, devices & circuits; Data, decisions, networks & autonomy
Brief BiographyDr. Chu received the IEEE TCAD best paper award at 1999 for his work in performance-driven interconnect optimization. He received another IEEE TCAD best paper award at 2010 for his work in routing tree construction. He received the ISPD best paper award at 2004 for his work in efficient placement algorithm. He received another ISPD best paper award at 2012 for his work in floorplan block shaping algorithm. He received the ASPDAC best paper award at 2014 for his work in stencil design for electron-beam lithography. He received the Bert Kay Best Dissertation Award for 1998-1999 from the Department of Computer Sciences in the University of Texas at Austin. He is a Fellow of IEEE.
Selected PublicationsGoogle Scholar Profile: http://scholar.google.com/citations?user=YkwKCo8AAAAJ&hl=en&oi=ao
- Zhang, Yanheng and Chris Chu. CROP: Fast and Effective Congestion Refinement of Placement. In Proc. IEEE/ACM International Conference on Computer-Aided Design, San Jose, CA, November 2-9, 2009: 344-350.
- Yan, Jackey Z. and Chris Chu. DeFer: Deferred Decision Making Enabled Fixed-Outline Floor planner. In Proc. IEEE/ACM Design Automation Conference, Anaheim, CA, June 8-13, 2008: 161-166.
- Chu, C. and Y. C.Wong. FLUTE: Fast Lookup Table-based Rectilinear Steiner Minimal Tree Algorithm for VLSI Design. IEEE Transactions on Computer-Aided Design 27, no. 1, (January 2008): 70-83.
- Viswanathan, N., G. J. Nam, C. Alpert, P. Villarrubia, H. Ren and C. Chu. RQL: Global Placement via Relaxed Quadratic Spreading and Linearization. IEEE/ACM Design Automation Conference, San Diego, CA, June 4-8, 2007, 453-458.
- Pan, M. and C. Chu. IPR: An Integrated Placement and Routing Algorithm. In Proc. IEEE/ACM Design Automation Conference, San Diego, CA, June 4-8, 2007: 59-62.