Sang W. Kim
- Associate Professor
Main Office3112 Coover
Ames, IA 50011-3060
Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, University of Michigan (1987)
M.S., Electrical Engineering, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (1983)
B.S., Electronic Engineering, Yonsei University (1981)
Core Research Area: Computing and networking systems, communications and signal processing, cooperative communications, code division multiple access, MIMO, channel and network coding, cross-layer design, wireless security, wireless networking
Strategic Areas: Data, decisions, networks & autonomy; cyber infrastructure
- S.W.Kim and Y.J.Chun, and S.Kim, “Co-channel interference cancellation using single radio frequency and baseband chain,” IEEE Transactions on Communications, pp. 2169 – 2175, July 2010.
- S.W.Kim, “Cooperative concatenated coding in multi-hop multiple access relay networks,” IEEE Transactions on Communications, pp.3305-3315, Nov. 2010.
- S.W.Kim, T.Khalaf, and S.Kim, “MAP detection of misbehaving relay in wireless multiple access relay networks,” IEEE Communications Letters, pp.340-342, March 2011.
- N.Malani and S.W.Kim, “Channel adaptive prioritized network coding,” IEEE Communications Letters, pp. 1256 – 1259, Aug. 2012.
- S.W.Kim and Y.J.Chun, “Reliability-rate tradeoff in large scale multiple access relay networks with random network coding,” IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, Vol.31, Nov. 15, 2012.