- Fellow, IEEE
Main Office3217 Coover
Ames, IA 50011-3060
Ph.D., Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Texas at Austin (1991)
M.S., Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Texas at Austin (1989)
B.Tech, Electrical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, India (1987)
Core Research Areas: Systems and controls, microelectronics and photonics, computing and networking systems, electric power and energy systems, software systems
Strategic Area: Data, decisions, networks & autonomy; cyber infrastructure
- M. Li and R. Kumar, "Stateflow to Extended Finite Automata Translation", 2011 IEEE International Computer Systems and Applications Conference, Munich, July 2011.
- C. Zhou, R. Kumar, and S. Jiang, "A Formal Analysis Approach of Runtime Data-Log for Embedded Software-Fault Localization" 2011 American Control Conference, pages 5127-5132, San Francisco, June 2011.
- H. Sahota, R. Kumar and A. Kamal, "A Wireless Sensor Network for Precision Agriculture and its Performance", Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing, pages 1628-1645, volume 11, number 12, 2011.
- L. Ouedraogo and R. Kumar, "Exact Response Time of FlexRay Communication Protocol", 2011 International Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing Conference (IWCMC), pages 789-794, Isanbul, July 2011.
- R. Kumar, C. Zhou, and S. Jiang, "Safety and Transition-Structure Preserving Abstraction of Hybrid Systems with Inputs/Outputs", 2008 Workshop on Discrete Event Systems, pages 206-211, Goteborg, Sweden, May 2008.