- Fellow, IEEE
Main Office3217 Coover
Ames, IA 50011-3060
- PhD, Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Texas at Austin (1991)
- MS, Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Texas at Austin (1989)
- BTech, Electrical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, India (1987)
Interest AreasControl, diagnosis, and verification of distributed and networked event-driven, real-time and hybrid systems, and their applications to cyberphysical systems, embedded systems and software, sensor and embedded networks, web-services, precision farming, power systems. Core Research Area: Systems and controls Strategic Research Area: Distributed sensing and decision making
- M. Li and R. Kumar, "Stateflow to Extended Finite Automata Translation", 2011 IEEE International Computer Systems and Applications Conference, Munich, July 2011.
- C. Zhou, R. Kumar, and S. Jiang, "A Formal Analysis Approach of Runtime Data-Log for Embedded Software-Fault Localization" 2011 American Control Conference, pages 5127-5132, San Francisco, June 2011.
- H. Sahota, R. Kumar and A. Kamal, "A Wireless Sensor Network for Precision Agriculture and its Performance", Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing, pages 1628-1645, volume 11, number 12, 2011.
- L. Ouedraogo and R. Kumar, "Exact Response Time of FlexRay Communication Protocol", 2011 International Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing Conference (IWCMC), pages 789-794, Isanbul, July 2011.
- R. Kumar, C. Zhou, and S. Jiang, "Safety and Transition-Structure Preserving Abstraction of Hybrid Systems with Inputs/Outputs", 2008 Workshop on Discrete Event Systems, pages 206-211, Goteborg, Sweden, May 2008.