- Associate Professor
Main Office2132 Coover
Ames, IA 50011-3060
Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, University of Washington (2008)
M.S., Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Utah (2004)
B.S., Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Utah (2004)
Core Research Areas: Electromagnetics, microwave, and nondestructive evaluation; VLSI; high-speed analog and mixed-signal circuit design; biosensors
Strategic Areas: Materials, devices & circuits; bioengineering
Brief BiographyNathan M. Neihart (M’09—SM’14) received both the B.S. and M.S. degrees in Electrical and Computer Engineering from the University of Utah, Salt Lake City, in 2004. He received the Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering from the University of Washington, Seattle, in 2008, where he received the Analog Devices Inc., Outstanding Student Designer Award in 2007. In 2008 he joined Iowa State University, Ames, where he is now an Associate Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering. His research interests include reconfigurable RF circuits and systems for multi-band/multi-mode radios and circuits and systems for sensing applications. From 2010 to 2012, Dr. Neihart served as an Associate Editor for the IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems-II: Express Briefs and from 2012 to 2014 as an Associate Editor for the IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems-I: Regular Papers.
Selected PublicationsGoogle Scholar Profile: http://scholar.google.com/citations?user=V7xU8rsAAAAJ&hl=en
- Y.Li, Z. Zhang, and N. M. Neihart, "Switchless matching networks for dual-band class-E power amplifiers," invited to IEEE Midwest Symposium on Circuits and Systems, Aug. 2014.
- A. El-Gouhary and N. M. Neihart, "An analysis of phase noise in transformer-based dual-tank oscillators," IEEE Trans. on Circuits and Systems-I: Regular Papers, vol. 61, pp. 2098-2109, July 2014.
- Y. Li and N. M. Neihart, "Mathematical analysis of inter-band intermodulation for concurrent dual-band mixers," IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems, pp. 829-832, May 2013.
- X. Yu. and N. M. Neihart, "Analysis and design of a reconfigurable multi-mode low-noise amplifier utilizing a multi-tap transformer," IEEE Trans. on Microwave Theory and Techniques, vol. 61, pp. 1326-12-46, Mar. 2013.
- A. El-Gouhary and N. M. Neihart, "Inductor-based tuning in LC-quadrature oscillators: a comparative study," IEEE Trans. on Circuits and Systems-II: Express Briefs, vol. 59, pp. 548-552, Sep. 2012.