- Assistant Professor
- Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
PhD, Electrical Engineering, University of Illinois (2008)
MS, Electrical Engineering, University of Illinois (2006)
BS, University of Science and Technology of China (2002)
Optical sensors, Biomedical imaging, Sensors for molecular diagnostics, Photonic devices
Strategic Research Area: Bioengineering
- M. Lu, S.-J. Park, J. G. Eden, and B. T. Cunningham, "Microplasma devices and arrays fabricated by plastic-based replica molding," Journal of Microelectromechanical System, Vol. 16, No. 6, 2007
- M. Lu, S. S. Choi, U. Irfan, and B. T. Cunningham, "Plastic distributed feedback laser biosensor," Applied Physics Letters, Vol. 93, 261502, 2008.
- A. Pokhriyal, M. Lu, V. Chaudhery, C. S. Huang, S. Schulz, and B. T. Cunningham, "Photonic crystal enhanced fluorescence using quartz substrate to reduce limits of detection," Optics Express, Vol. 18, Iss. 24, 2010.
- C. Ge, M. Lu, S. George, A. Pokhriyal, C. Siu, C. J. Wagner, J. G. Eden, and B. T. Cunningham, "Label-free biosensor based on external cavity laser," Lab on a Chip, accepted, Jan. 2013.