- Assistant Professor
Main Office3128 Coover
Ames, IA 50011-3060
B.Tech in Electrical Engineering, 2006, Indian Institute of Technology Madras
M.S. in Electrical and Computer Engineering, 2010, Rice University
Ph.D. in Electrical and Computer Engineering, 2012, Rice University
Core Research Areas: Communications and signal processing, software systems, data analytics
Strategic Areas: Data, decisions, networks, & autonomy; cyber infrastructure
Brief BiographyChinmay Hegde is an assistant professor in Electrical and Computer Engineering at Iowa State University, where he also holds a Black and Veatch Faculty Fellowship. Prior to this, he received his PhD in Electrical and Computer Engineering at Rice University, and was a Shell-MIT Postdoctoral Associate in CSAIL at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. His research focuses on developing fast, certifiable, and robust algorithms for machine learning, with applications to imaging and signal processing problems. He is the recipient of multiple awards, including best paper awards at ICML, SPARS, and MMLS; the Budd Award for Best Engineering Ph.D. Thesis in 2013; the Warren Boast Award for Undergraduate Teaching in 2016; the NSF CRII Award in 2016; and the NSF CAREER Award in 2018.
Selected PublicationsGoogle Scholar Profile: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=eJAV17IAAAAJ&hl=en
- M. Soltani and C. Hegde, Fast Algorithms for Demixing Sparse Signals from Nonlinear Observations, IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, vol. 65, no. 16, p4209-4222, August 2017.
- C. Hegde, P. Indyk, and L. Schmidt, Fast Algorithms for Structured Sparsity, Bulletin of the EATCS, no. 117, p197-228, October 2015.
- C. Hegde, A. C. Sankaranarayanan, W. Yin, and R. G. Baraniuk, NuMax: A Convex Approach for Learning Near-Isometric Linear Embeddings,IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, vol. 63, no. 22, p6109-6121, November 2015.
- C. Hegde, P. Indyk, and L. Schmidt, Approximation Algorithms for Model-Based Compressive Sensing, IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. 61, no. 9, p5129-5147, September 2015.
- Y. Li, C. Hegde, A. C. Sankaranarayanan, R. G. Baraniuk, and K. F. Kelly, Compressive Image Acquisition and Classification via Secant Projections, Journal of Optics, vol. 17, no. 6, June 2015.
- S. Nagaraj, C. Hegde, A. C. Sankaranarayanan, and R. G. Baraniuk, Optical Flow-Based Transport on Image Manifolds, Applied and Computational Harmonic Analysis, vol. 36, no. 2, p280-301, March 2014.
- C. Hegde and R. G. Baraniuk, Signal Recovery on Incoherent Manifolds, IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. 58, no. 12, p7204-7214, December 2012.
- C. Hegde and R. G. Baraniuk, Sampling and Recovery of Pulse Streams, IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, vol. 59, no. 4, p1505-1517, April 2011.
- M. A. Davenport, C. Hegde, M. F. Duarte, and R. G. Baraniuk, Joint Manifolds for Data Fusion, IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, vol. 19, no. 10, p2580-2594, October 2010.
- R. G. Baraniuk, V. Cevher, M. F. Duarte, and C. Hegde, Model-Based Compressive Sensing, IEEE Transactions on Information Theory, vol. 56, no. 4, p1982-2001, April 2010.