- Assistant Professor
Main Office2113 Coover
Ames, IA 50011-3060
PhD, Electrical Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (2004)
MS, Electrical Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (2001)
BS, Electrical Engineering, Colorado State University (1998)
Ultrasound systems to treat cancer and infections, physical properties of tissue using backscattered ultrasound signals, bioeffects for ultrasound safety and therapy
Core Research Area: Communications and signal processing
Strategic Research Area: Bioengineering
- Bigelow, T.A., T. Northagen, T.M. Hill, and F.C. Sailer. The Destruction of Escherichia Coli Biofilms Using High-intensity Focused Ultrasound. Ultrasound Medicine & Biology 35, (2009): 1026-1031.
- Bigelow, T.A. Ultrasound Attenuation Estimation Using Backscattered Echoes from Multiple Sources, Journal of the Acoustical Society of America 124, (2008): 1367-1373.
- Bigelow, T.A., B.L. McFarlin, W.D. OBrien Jr., and M. Oelze. In Vivo Ultrasonic Attenuation Estimates for Detecting Cervical Ripening in Rats: Preliminary Results. Journal of the Acoustical Society of America 123, (2008): 1794-1800.
- Bigelow, T.A., R.J. Miller, J.P. Blue, and W.D. OBrien Jr. Hemorrhage Near Fetal Rat Bone Exposed to Pulsed Ultrasound. Ultrasound Medicine & Biology 33, (2007): 311-317.
- Bigelow. T.A. and W.D. O Brien Jr. Impact of Local Attenuation Approximations When Estimating Correlation Length from Backscattered Ultrasound Echoes. Journal of the Acoustical Society of America 120, (2006): 546-553.