- Associate Professor
- Mechanical Engineering
Main Office306 Lab of Mechanics
Ames, IA 50011
- PhD, Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Cornell University, 2008
- MS, Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Cornell University, 2006
- BTech, Mechanical Engineering, Indian Institutes of Technology-Madras, 2003
- Computational physics
- Computational mechanics (fluid mechanics and heat transfer)
- Stochastic analysis
- Uncertainty quantification and propagation
- Multiscale modeling, control and optimization of complex systems
- Parallel computing and inverse problems
Fall 2016 Courses
- ME 160: Mechanical Engineering Problem Solving with Computer Applications
- B. Ganapathysubramanian, N. Zabaras, Modeling multiscale diffusion processes in random heterogeneous media, Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, 197 (2008) 3560-3573.
- N. Zabaras, B. Ganapathysubramanian, A scalable framework for the solution of stochastic inverse problems using a sparse grid collocation approach, Journal of Computational Physics, 227 (2008) 4697-4735.
- B. Ganapathysubramanian, N. Zabaras, A non-linear dimension reduction methodology for generating data-driven stochastic input models, Journal of Computational Physics, 227 (2008) 6612-6637.
- B. Ganapathysubramanian, N. Zabaras, A seamless approach towards stochastic modeling: Sparse grid collocation and data driven input models, Finite Elements in Analysis and Design, invited paper for the 19th Melosh Competition, 44 (2008) 298-320.
- B. Ganapathysubramanian, N. Zabaras, Modeling diffusion in random heterogeneous media: Data-driven models, stochastic collocation and the variational multi-scale method, Journal of Computational Physics, 226 (2007) 326-353.
- B. Ganapathysubramanian, N. Zabaras, Sparse grid collocation methods for stochastic natural convection problems, Journal of Computational Physics, 225 (2007) 652-685.