Arun K Somani
- Anson Marston Distinguished Professor
- Sproul Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Associate Dean for Research and Graduate Programs
Main Office2215 Coover
Ames, IA 50011-3060
Interest AreasOptical fiber networking, computer system architecture, dependable computing and networking systems, critical infrastructure modeling
Core Research Area: Computing and networking systems
Strategic Research Areas: Cyber infrastructure; energy infrastructure
- C. J. Kleinheksel and A. K. Somani, ``Resource Efficient Redundancy Using Quorum-based Cycle Routing in Optical Networks,'' in Proc. of The 17th International Conference on Transparent Optical Networks (ICTON) 2015, Budapest, Hungary, July 2015.
- P. Shukla and Arun K. Somani, ``Tree Matching Using Data Shaping,'' in Proc. of IEEE Big Data Congress 2015, New York, May 2015.
- T. Wang, K. Celik, and A. K. Somani, ``Characterization of Mountain Drainage Patterns for GPS-Denied UAS Navigation Augmentation,'' in Proc. of IEEE International Conference on Pattern Recognition, August 2014, Stockholm, Sweden.
- K. Celik and Arun K. Somani, ``Monocular Vision SLAM for Indoor Aerial Vehicles,'', Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 374165, 15 pages
- N. Pavan Kumar Gorti and Arun K. Somani, ``Reliability aware dynamic voltage and frequency scaling for improved microprocessor lifetime,'' ACM SIGOPS Operating Systems Review, Vol. 47, No. 3, 2013, pp. 10-17.
- Naga Durga Prasad Avirneni, Arun K. Somani, ``Countering Power Analysis Attacks Using Reliable and Aggressive Designs,’’ IEEE Trans. Computers 63(6): 1408-1420, Jan. 2013.
- N. D. P. Avirneni and A. K. Somani, ``Low Overhead Soft Error Mitigation Techniques for High-Performance and Aggressive Designs,'' IEEE Transactions on Computers, April 2012, Vol 61(04), pp. 488-501.