Ayman Adel Fayed
- Associate Professor
Main Office2117 Coover
Ames, IA 50011-3060
- PhD, Electrical and Computer Engineering, The Ohio State University (2004)
- MS, Electrical and Computer Engineering, The Ohio State University (2000)
- BS, Electronics and Electrical Communications Engineering, Cairo University in Egypt (1998)
- Integrated power management/conversion for mixed-signal System-on-Chip and multi-core processors, energy-harvesting for remotely-deployed and biomedical electronics, high-speed wire-line transceivers, data converters, analog and mixed-signal IC design.
- Core Research Area: VLSI
- Strategic Research Area: Materials, Devices and Circuits
- Chengwu Tao and Ayman Fayed, “PWM Control Architecture for Spur-Free Operation in Buck Regulators,” IEEE Transactions on VLSI, 2012.
- Chengwu Tao and Ayman Fayed, “A Low-Noise PFM-Controlled Buck Converter for Low-Power applications,” IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems I, 2012.
- Chengwu Tao and Ayman Fayed, “A GSM Power Amplifier Directly-Powered from a DC-DC Power Converter,” IEEE Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 38-40, Jan. 2012.
- Chengwu Tao, and Ayman Fayed, “Spurious-Noise-Free Buck Regulator for direct-powering of Analog/RF loads using PWM Control with Random Frequency Hopping and Random Phase Chopping,” IEEE International Solid-State Circuits Conference (ISSCC 2011), pp. 396-397, Feb. 2011.
- Yogesh K. Ramadass, Ayman A. Fayed, and Anantha P. Chandrakasan, “A Fully-Integrated Switched-Capacitor Step-Down DC-DC Converter With Digital Capacitance Modulation in 45 nm CMOS,” IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits, Invited, vol. 45, No. 12, pp. 2557-2565, Dec. 2010.