613 Morrill Rd.
Ames, IA 500112100
Ph.D., Computer Science, Texas A&M (2002)
M.S., Computer Science, Peking University (1996)
B.S., Computer Science, Peking University (1990)
Core Area(s): Human-computer interaction, computing and networking systems, secure and reliable computing, software systems, information assurance, digital forensics, wireless and sensor network security, privacy-enhancing technologies for the internet
Department’s Strategic Area(s): Cyber infrastructure; data, decisions, networking & autonomy
Google Scholar Profile: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=8kJZ1ksAAAAJ&hl=en
- Gang Xu, George Amariucai, and Yong Guan, “Delegation of Computation with Verification Outsourcing: Curious Verifiers,” IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems (TPDS), Volume: 28, Issue: 3, pp. 717 – 730, March 2017. An earlier version of the paper was published at ,” ACM Symposium on Principles of Distributed Computing (PODC 2013), Montréal, Québec, Canada, July 22-24, 2013.
- 1.1. Wenji Chen, Yang Liu, and Yong Guan, “Identifying High-Cardinality Hosts from Network-wide Traffic Measurements,” IEEE Transactions on Dependable and Secure Computing (TDSC), Vol. 13, No. 5, pp. 547-558, September/October, 2016.
- 1.1. Zhen Yu and Yong Guan, “A Dynamic En-route Scheme for Filtering Attacks against Data Reporting in Wireless Sensor Networks,” ACM/IEEE Transactions on Networking, Vol. 18, Issue 1, pp. 150-163, February 2010.
- 8.1. Wenhao Chen, Yangxiao Wang, Yong Guan, Jennifer Newman, Li Lin, and Stephanie Reinders, “Forensic Analysis of Steganography Apps on Android”, the 13th IFIP WG 11.9 International Conference on Digital Forensics, New Delhi, India, January 3 – 5, 2018.
- Wenji Chen and Yong Guan, “Distinct Element Counting in Distributed Dynamic Data Streams,” in Proceedings of the 34th Annual IEEE International Conference on Computer Communications (INFOCOM 2015), Hong Kong, April 27-30, 2015.
- 8.1. George Amariucai, Clifford Bergman, and Yong Guan, “Adopted-Pet (AP): An Automatic, Time-Based, Secure Pairing Protocol for Passive RFID”, in Proceedings of RFIDSec 2011, Northampton, Massachusetts, June 26-28, 2011.
- Yang Liu, Linfeng Zhang, and Yong Guan, “Sketch-based Streaming PCA Algorithm for Network-wide Traffic Anomaly Detection”, in Proceedings of the 30th IEEE International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems (ICDCS 2010), Genoa, Italy, June 21-25, 2010.
- 8.1. Yawen Wei, Zhen Yu, and Yong Guan, “Efficient Weakly-Secure Network Coding Schemes against Wiretapping Attacks,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Symposium on Network Coding (NetCod 2010), Toronto, Canada, June 9-11, 2010.
- Zhen Yu, Yawen Wei, Bhuvaneswari Ramkumar, and Yong Guan, “An Efficient Signature Scheme for Securing XOR Network Coding against Pollution Attacks,” in Proceedings of the 29th IEEE International Conference on Computer Communications (INFOCOM 2009), Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, April 19-25, 2009.
- Linfeng Zhang and Yong Guan, “Variance Estimation over Sliding Windows,” in Proceedings of the 26th ACM Symposium on Principles of Database Systems (PODS 2007), Beijing, China, June 11-14, 2007.