Anson Marston Distinguished Professor in Engineering
Murray J. and Ruth M. Harpole Professor in Electrical and Computer Engineering
3227 Coover, 2520 Osborn Dr., Ames, IA 500111046
- Ph.D., Computer Science and Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Madras [Chennai] (1998)
- M.Tech, Computer Technology, Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi (1993)
- B.E., Computer Science and Engineering, Bharathidasan University Thrichirappalli (1989)
- Core Areas: Cybersecurity for smart grid & critical infrastructures; Real-time systems & networks
- Department Strategic Areas: Cyber infrastructure; Energy infrastructure
Honors, Awards & Recognition
- IEEE Fellow, 2015. Citation: “for contributions to security of power grids”
- ABET Program Evaluator (since 2013)
- Best Paper Awards, Resilience Week Symposium 2016, 2018, 2019
- Iowa State University Award for Mid-Career Achievent in Research, 2013
- Warren Boast Undergraduate Teaching Award, ECE Department [Iowa State University], 2010
- Iowa State University VEISHEA Outstanding Professor Award, Engineering Student Council, 2009
- Mervin Coover Distinguished Service Award, ECE Department [Iowa State University], 2009
- Best IT Innovation Award, National Earthquake Engineering (NEES) Annual Meeting, 2008
- Young Engineering Faculty Research Award, College of Engineering [Iowa State University], 2003
- Best Paper Award, Intl. Conf. on High Performance Computing (HiPC), 1999
- Young Scientist Award, Indian Science Congress Association, 1998
- Best Solution Paper Award, Intl. Workshop on Parallel and Distributed Real-Time Systems, 1997
- Best Student Paper Award, Computer Society of India, 1996
Google Scholar Profile: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=vkOTo_EAAAAJ&hl=en
- P. Wang and M. Govindarasu, “Multi-Agent based Attack-Resilient System Integrity Protection for Smart Grid,” IEEE Trans. on Smart Grid,, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 3447-3456, July 2020.
- S. Ramesh and M. Govindarasu, “An efficient framework for privacy-preserving computations on encrypted IoT data,” IEEE Internet of Things Journal, vol. 7, no. 9, pp. 8700-8708, Sep. 2020.
- A. Ashok, M. Govindarasu, and J. Wang, “Cyber-Physical Attack-Resilient Wide-Area Monitoring, Protection, and Control for the Power Grid,” Proceedings of the IEEE, Vol. 105, no. 7, pp. 1389-1407, 2017.
- A. Ashok, M. Govindarasu, and V. Ajjarapu, “Online Detection of Stealthy False Data Injection Attacks in Power System State Estimation,” IEEE Trans. on Smart Grid, vol. xx, pp. yy, no. 99, July 2017
- M. Mohandespour, M. Govindarasu, and Z. Wang, Rate, energy, and delay tradeo®s in wireless multicast: network coding vs. routing,” IEEE Trans. on Mobile Computing, vol. 15, no. 4, pp. 952-963, April 2016.
- B. Fateh, M. Govindarasu, “Joint Scheduling of Tasks and Messages for Energy Minimization in Interference-aware Real-time Sensor Networks,” IEEE Trans. on Mobile Com- puting, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 86-98, Jan. 2015.
- S. Sridhar and M. Govindarasu, “Model-Based Attack Detection and Mitigation for Automatic Generation Control,” IEEE Trans. on Smart Grid, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 580-591, March 2014.
- A. Hahn, A. Ashok, S. Siddharth, and M. Govindarasu, “Cyber-Physical Security Testbeds: Architecture, Application, and Evaluation for Smart Grid,” IEEE Trans. on Smart Grid, vol.4, no.2, pp. 847-855, June 2013.
- B. Fateh and G. Manimaran, “Wireless Network Design for Transmission Line Monitoring in Smart Grid,” IEEE Trans. on Smart Grid, vol. 4, no.2, pp. 1076-1086, June 2013.
- S. Sridhar, A. Hahn, and G. Manimaran, “Cyber-Physical Security for Electric Power Grid,” Proceedings of the IEEE, vol. 100, no. 1, pp. 210-224, Jan. 2012.
- A. Hahn and G. Manimaran, “Cyber Attack Exposure Evaluation Framework for the Smart Grid,” IEEE Trans. on Smart Grid, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 835-843, Nov. 2011.
Cyber Physical Systems (CPS) Security for Smart GridCyber Security for Critical Infrastructure SystemsInternet of Things (IoT) Security and PrivacyQuality of Service (QoS) and Overlay NetworksReal-Time Embedded Systems and Sensor Networks