Sang W Kim
2520 Osborn Dr.
Ames, IA 500111046
Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor (1987)
M.S., Electrical Engineering, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, Taejon, Korea (1983)
B.S., Electronic Engineering, Yonsei University, Seoul, Korea (1981)
Core Area(s): Wireless communications and networking, wireless security, GNSS, cognitive radio, MIMO, cooperative communications, spread-spectrum
Department’s Strategic Area(s): Data, decisions, networks & autonomy; cyber infrastructure
Google Scholar Profile: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=5yBH3-MAAAAJ&hl=en
- S.W. Kim and H.Q. Ta, “Covert communications over multiple overt channels.” IEEE Transactions on Communications, pp.1112-1124, Feb 2022.
- S.W. Kim and X. Liu, “Crypto-aided MAP test for low-latency detection of false data in short packet,” IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security, vol. 16, pp. 4939-4949, 2021.
- Liu and S.W.Kim, “Harnessing node multiplicity for detecting and mitigating false data in wireless relay networks,” IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security, pp. 3067-3078, Vol. 15, Mar. 2020.
- S.W. Kim, “Simultaneous spectrum sensing and energy harvesting,” IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, pp. 769-779, Feb. 2019.
- Q. Ta and S.W. Kim, “Adapting rate and power for maximizing secrecy energy efficiency,” IEEE Communications Letters, pp.2049-2052, Sep. 2017.
- S.W. Kim, “Physical integrity check in cooperative relay communications,” IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, 6401-6413, Nov. 2015.
- S.W. Kim, Y. G. Kim, and M. K. Simon, “Generalized selection combining based on the log-likelihood ratio,” IEEE Transactions on Communications, pp. 521-524, Apr. 2004.
- S.W. Kim and A. Goldsmith, “Truncated power control in code division multiple access communications,” IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol. 49, no. 3, pp. 965-972, May 2000.
- S.W. Kim and Y. H. Lee, “Combined rate and power adaptation in DS/CDMA communications over Nakagami fading channels,” IEEE Transactions on Communications, vol. 48, no. 1, pp. 162-168, 2000.
- S.W.Kim and Y.J.Chun, and S.Kim, “Co-channel interference cancellation using single radio frequency and baseband chain,” IEEE Transactions on Communications, pp. 2169 – 2175, July 2010.
- S.W. Kim and W. E. Stark, “Optimum rate Reed-Solomon codes for frequency-hopped spread-spectrum multiple access communication systems,” IEEE Transactions on Communications, vol. 37, pp. 138-144, Feb. 1989.
CDMACognitive Radio NetworksCyber Physical Systems and Cyber SecurityWireless CommunicationsWireless NetworksWireless security