Director Information Assurance Center
Ph.D., Computer Engineering, Iowa State University (1985)
M.S., Electrical Engineering, Iowa State University (1982)
B.S., Computer Engineering, Iowa State University (1980)
Research Interest Areas:
Core Area(s): Computing and networking systems, secure and reliable computing, information assurance, cyber security
Department’s Strategic Area(s): Cyber infrastructure; Data, decisions, networks & autonomy
Google Scholar Profile: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=KkGR-BwAAAAJ&hl=en
- J.A. Rursch and D. Jacobson. “When a testbed does more than testing – The Internet-Scale Event Attack and Generation Environment (ISEAGE) – providing learning and synthesizing experiences for cyber security students,” Frontiers in Education, Oklahoma City, OK, Oct. 23-26, 2013.
- J.A. Rursch and D. Jacobson. “This IS child’s play – Creating a playground (computer network testbed) for high school students to learn, practice and compete in cyber defense competitions,” Frontiers in Education, Oklahoma City, OK, Oct. 23-26, 2013.
- A. Luse, J.A. Rursch and D. Jacobson, “Identifying Factors Contributing to IT Major Choice Utilizing A Social Cognitive Career Theory Perspective,” ACM Transactions on Education, Vol 14, No 3, August 2014.
- . Julie Rursch, Andy Luse, and Doug Jacobson, “IT-Adventures — A Program to Spark IT Interest in High School Students using Inquiry-Based Learning with Robotics, Game Design, and Cyber Defense”, IEEE Transactions on Education, Vol. 53, Issue 1, pages 71-79, 2009. (IEEE Education Society 2011 Transactions on Education best paper award 2011)
- J. Idziorek, J.A. Rursch, and D. Jacobson. “Security Across the Curriculum and Beyond,” Frontiers in Education, Seattle, WA, Oct. 3-6, 2012.