537 Bissell Rd.
Ames, IA 50011-1096
Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, Michigan State University, 2015
M.S., Mechanical Engineering, Michigan State University, 2009
B.S., Aerospace Engineering, Sharif of Technology (Tehran, Iran), 2003
Awards and Honors
- NSF Travel Award, Academic Leadership for Women in Engineering (ALWE17), 2017.
- Dissertation competition fellowship, Graduate school, Michigan State University, 2015.
- Outstanding graduate student, Michigan State University – ME Department, 2014.
- Selected to receive GE Technology Innovation Days Fellowship, 2011.
- Zonta International Foundation, Amelia Earhart Fellowship, 2010-2011.
Undergrad: AerE 421 Advanced Flight Structures.
Graduate: EM 510 Continuum Mechanics.
Design and Characterization of Advanced Material Systems
- Fuel Cells
- Geological materials.
Modeling and analysis of biological systems
- Bone diseases
- Minimally invasive surgery (MIS) of soft-tissue
Selected Sponsored Projects:
- Center for the Advancement of Science in Space, International Space Station National Laboratory (“ISSNL), Computational Microstructure Inspired and Data-driven Model for Bone Degradation to Study the Progression of Osteoporosis, USER AGREEMENT #UA-2019-977, 8/2019-8-2020.
- NSF, “MRI: Acquisition of a 3D Digital Image Correlation System to Enhance Research and Teaching”, PI: J. Baqersad, Co-PI: A. Sheidaei, D. Ludwigsen, T. Atkinson, NSF Award, $183,835, 8/2016.
- PI, Kettering Faculty Research Fellowship, “Use of Digital Image Correlation system to calibrate computational models for polymers and polymer nano-composites”, $8,000, 9/2016.
- PI, NSF Center for Advanced Automotive Technology (CAAT), Developed curriculum for an elective course “Vehicle Lightweighting”, $22,000, 4/2016-8/216.
- PI, The Kern Entrepreneurial Engineering Network (KEEN),’ Implementation of Innovation and Entrepreneur Mindset Concept into Mechanics of Materials course’, $ 10,000, 9/2016-12/2016.
- Multiscale modeling of xGnP polymer composite. Composite Vehicle Research Center, Michigan state university (CVRC). 2010-2014, graduate research fund for Azadeh Sheidaei.
- Replacement of Glass Fibers with Natural Fibers in PPGF Instrument Panel, Faurecia, 2009.
Selected Publications: (34 publications, including 14 journals, 20 Conf. Proceeding, Google Scholar metrics (Sep 2020): 396 citations, h-index=9, i10-index=9)
- Hajighasemi, M., Baniassadi, M., Sheidaei, A. (2019). “Design and additive manufacturing of a smart structure with tunable effective stiffness,” International Journal of Applied Mechanics.
- Sheidaei, A., Kazempour, M., Rémond, Y., George, D. (2019). “Influence of bone microstructure distribution on developed mechanical energy for bone remodeling using a statistical reconstruction method,” Mathematics and Mechanics of Solids.
- Kazempour, M., Sheidaei, A., Baniassadi, M., Rémond, Y., George, D. (2019). “Numerical simulation of osteoporosis degradation at local scale: a preliminary study on the kinematic loss of mechanical bone stiffness,” Bio-Medical Materials and Engineering.
- Bharadwaj, K., Sheidaei, A., Afshar, A., Baqersad, J. (2019). “Full-field strain prediction using mode shapes measured with Digital Image Correlation.”
- Ghanati, P., Adibnazari, S., Alrefai, M., Sheidaei, A. (2018). “A new approach for closed-form analytical solution of two-dimensional symmetric double contacts and the comparison with finite element method,” Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part J: Journal of Engineering Tribology.
- Yousefi, E., Sheidaei, A., Mahdavi, M., Baniassadi, M., Baghani, M., Faraji, G. (2017). “Effect of nanofiller geometry on the energy absorption capability of coiled carbon nanotube composite material,” Composites Science and Technology, 153, pp. 222-231.
- Safaei, M., Sheidaei, A., Baniassadi, M., Ahzi, S., Pourboghrat, F. (2015). “An interfacial debonding-induced damage model for graphite nanoplatelet polymer composites,” Computational Materials Science, 96, pp. 191-199.
- Hamedani, H.A., Baniassadi, M., Sheidaei, A., Pourboghrat, F., Rémond, Y., Garmestani, H. (2014). “Three-dimensional reconstruction and microstructure modelling of porosity graded cathode using focused ion beam and homogenization techniques,” Fuel Cells, 14 No. 1, pp. 91-95.
- Tabei, S.A., Sheidaei, A., Baniassadi, M., Pourboghrat, F., Garmestani, H. (2013). “Microstructure reconstruction and homogenization of porous Ni-YSZ composites for temperature dependent properties,” Journal of Power Sources, 235, pp. 74-80.
- Sheidaei, A., Baniassadi, M., Banu, M., Askeland, P., Pahlavanpour, M., Kuuttila, N., Pourboghrat, F., Drzal, L.T., Garmestani, H. (2013). “3-D microstructure reconstruction of polymer nano-composite using FIB=SEM and statistical correlation function,” Composites Science and Technology, 80, pp. 47-54.
- Sheidaei, A., Xiao, X. (2011). “Mechanical behaviour of a battery separator in electrolyte solutions,” Journal of Power Sources, 196 No. 20, pp. 8728-8734.
- Zeinali-Davarani, S., Sheidaei, A., Baek, S. “A finite element model of stress-mediated vascular adaptation: application to abdominal aortic aneurysms.” Computer Methods in Biomechanics and Biomedical Engineering 14, no. 9 (2011): 803-817
- Sheidaei, A., Hunley, S.C., Zeinali-Davarani, S., Raguin, L.G., Baek, S. (2011). “Simulation of abdominal aortic aneurysm growth with updating hemodynamic loads using a realistic geometry,” Medical Engineering and Physics, 33 No. 1, pp. 80-88.
- Sheidaei, A., Xiao, X.S., Huang, X., Wang, J. (2011). “Mechanical characterization of a lithium ion battery separator using a dynamic mechanical analyzer,” SAE Technical Paper 2011-01-0669.