2520 Osborn Dr.
Ames, IA 500111046
B.S. in Physics, Nanjing University, Nanjing, China, July 1983.
M.S. in Physics, Nanjing University, Nanjing, China, July 1988.
Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan, May 1993.
Core Area(s): Electromagnetics, microwave, and nondestructive evaluation; microelectronics and photonics
Department’s Strategic Area(s): Materials, devices & circuits; Data, decisions, networks & autonomy
Google Scholar Profile: http://scholar.google.com/citations?hl=en&user=PbqZodwAAAAJ&view_op=list_works
- Y. Bao and J.M. Song, “Analysis of electromagnetic NDE modelling using Stratton-Chu formulations based fast algorithm,” Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A, vol. 378, 20190583(15 pages), 2020. http://dx.doi.org/10.1098/rsta.2019.0583
- Du, L. Leifsson, W. Meeker, P. Gurrala, J.M. Song, and R. Roberts, “Efficient model-assisted probability of detection and sensitivity analysis for ultrasonic testing simulations using stochastic metamodeling,” ASME J. Nondestructive, Diagnostics, and Prognostics Engr., vol. 2, no. 4, p. 041002 (13 pages), November 2019. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.4044446 (won 2019 Best Paper Award)
- Y. Bao, Z.W. Liu, J.R. Bowler, and J.M. Song, “Multilevel adaptive cross approximation for efficient modelling of 3D arbitrary shaped eddy current NDE problems,” NDT&E International, vol. 104, pp. 1-9, 2019.
- Y. Bao, Z.W. Liu, and J.M. Song, “Adaptive cross approximation algorithm for accelerating BEM in eddy current nondestructive evaluation,” Journal of Nondestructive Evaluation, vol. 37, no. 4, p. 68 (8 pages), 2018. DOI: 10.1007/s10921-018-0521-1.
- P. Gurrala, S. Oren, P. Liu, J.M. Song, and L. Dong, “Fully conformal square patch frequency selective surface towards wearable electromagnetic shielding,” IEEE Antennas Wireless Propagation Lett, vol. 16, pp. 2602-2605, 2017.
- P. Liu, S. Yang, M, Yang, X. Wang, J.M. Song, and L. Dong, “Directivity-reconfigurable wideband two-arm spiral antenna,” IEEE Antennas Wireless Propagation Lett, vol. 16, pp. 66-69, 2017.
- S. Yang, P. Liu, M. Yang, Q. Wang, J.M. Song, and L. Dong, “From flexible and stretchable meta-atom to metamaterial: A wearable microwave meta-skin with tunable frequency selective and cloaking effects,” Scientific Reports, 6:21921 | DOI: 10.1038/srep21921, 2016.
- K. Chen, J.M. Song, and T. Kamgaing, “Accurate and efficient computation of layered medium doubly periodic Green’s function in Matrix-friendly formulation,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 63, no. 2, pp. 809-814, February 2015.
- H.S. Xu, Kun Chen, J.M. Song, T. Kamgaing, and Y.S. Mekonnen, “A novel approach to accelerate spectral domain approach for shielded microstrip lines using the Levin transformations and summation-by-parts,” Radio Science, vol. 49, pp. 573-582, August 2014.
- W.W. Shu and J.M. Song, “Sommerfeld integral path for layered double negative metamaterials,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 60, no. 3, pp.1496-1504, March 2012.
Antenna analysis and designComputational electromagneticsEddy current NDEElectromagnetic and elastic wave propagation and scatteringInverse scattering and nondestructive evaluationMetamaterialsModeling of interconnects and RF components and signal integrityUltrasonic Non-Destructive Testing