The Women of Color in Engineering program focuses on the academic, professional, and social success and retention of women of color pursuing undergraduate engineering degrees.
- To foster a greater sense of connection and belonging among women engineering students through opportunities of engagement with students (undergraduate and graduate), faculty, staff, and industry professionals.
- Students will develop a stronger sense of self and purpose.
- Students will build and strengthen their academic, professional, and social network.
- Students will have a greater understanding of opportunities and resources available to them as women in engineering.
- Navigating an undergraduate and graduate degree as a woman of color.
- Being the only woman of color in a space.
- Being your authentic self.
- Career opportunities beyond the degree.
- Overcoming imposter syndrome.