Adjunct Professor and Scientist IV
Office244 Applied Sci. 1
1925 Scholl Rd.
Ames, IA 500113055
A506 Zaffarano Hall (Physics Addition) # Ames, IA 50011-3160 # Phone: 515-294-6987
AT&T Bell Laboratories; Murray Hill, NJ; Postdoctoral Member of Technical Staff, 1984-86
Ph.D., Physics, Cornell University (1984)
M.S., Physics, Cornell University (1982)
M.S., Physics, Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay (1978)
Core Area(s): Photovoltaic materials, solar cells, photonic crystals and devices, sensors, computational electromagnetics, semiconductors and nanoscale materials
Department’s Strategic Area(s): Materials, devices & circuits; energy infrastructure
Fellow, American Physical Society
Google Scholar Profile: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=q3wSob8AAAAJ&hl=en
- I-.H. Cho, Q. Li, R. Biswas, J. Kim, A Framework for Putting Scientists’ Eyes on Glass-Box Physics Rule Learner and Its Application to Nano-Scale Phenomena, Nature Communications Physics 3, 78 (2020)
- Qiang Li, I. Cho, Rana Biswas, Jaeyoun Kim, “Nanoscale Modulation of Friction and Triboelectrification via Surface Nanotexturing”, ACS Nanoletters 19, 2, 850-856 (2019).
- Qiang Li, Akshit Peer, I. Cho, Rana Biswas, Jaeyoun Kim, Back Scatter A nano-volcano array, Physics Today, 71 (5), 72 (May 2018).
- Qiang Li, Akshit Peer, I. Cho, Rana Biswas, Jaeyoun Kim, Replica molding-based nanopatterning of tribocharge on elastomer with application to electrohydrodynamic nanolithography, Nature Communications 9, 974 (2018).
- Hosein Monshat, Longju Liu, John McClelland, Rana Biswas, Meng Lu, Infrared emission of a freestanding plasmonic membrane, Appl. Phys. Lett. 112, 031104 (2018).
- Chamika Hippola,Rajiv Kaudal, Eeshita Manna, Teng Xiao, Akshit Peer, Rana Biswas, W. Dennis Slafer, Tom Trovato, Joseph Shinar, Ruth Shinar, Enhanced Light Extraction from OLEDs fabricated on plastic substrates, Adv. Optical Materials 6 (4), 1701244 (2018).
- J. Bhattacharya, P. Joshi, A. Peer, R. Biswas, V. Dalal, Blue photon management by inhouse grown ZnO:Al cathode for enhanced photostability in polymer solar cells, Solar Energy Materials and Solar cells. 179, 95-101 (2018)
- Akshit Peer, Zhongjian Hu, Ajay Singh, Jennifer A. Hollingsworth, Rana Biswas, and Han Htoon, Photoluminescence enhancement of CuInS2 quantum dots in solution coupled to plasmonic gold nanocup arrays, Small 13, 170066033 (2017).
- Peer, R. Dhakal, R. Biswas, J. Kim, Nanoscale Patterning of Biopolymers for functional bio-surfaces and controlled drug release, Nanoscale 8, 18654–18664 (2016).
- Peer and R. Biswas, Extraordinary Optical Transmission in Nanopatterned Ultrathin Metal Film without Holes, Nanoscale 8, 4657 – 4666 (2016)