Adjunct Professor and Scientist IV
Office244 Applied Sci. 1
1925 Scholl Rd.
Ames, IA 500113055
A506 Zaffarano Hall (Physics Addition) # Ames, IA 50011-3160 # Phone: 515-294-6987
AT&T Bell Laboratories; Murray Hill, NJ; Postdoctoral Member of Technical Staff, 1984-86
Ph.D., Physics, Cornell University (1984)
M.S., Physics, Cornell University (1982)
M.S., Physics, Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay (1978)
Core Area(s): Photovoltaic materials, solar cells, photonic crystals and devices, sensors, computational electromagnetics, semiconductors and nanoscale materials
Department’s Strategic Area(s): Materials, devices & circuits; energy infrastructure
Lifetime Fellow, American Physical Society
Senior Member, IEEE
Member Editorial Board, Journal of Materials Science; Materials in Electronics (Springer)
Member International Program Committee, International Conference on Amorphous and Nanocrystalline Semiconductors
Google Scholar Profile: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=q3wSob8AAAAJ&hl=en
- Rick W. Dorn, Bradley J. Ryan, Sujeewa N. S. Lamahewage, Mark V. Dodson, Jeremy B. Essner, Rana Biswas, Mathew G. Panthani, Aaron J. Rossini, Chlorination of Hydrogenated Silicon Nanosheets Revealed by Solid-State NMR Spectroscopy, Chemistry of Materials 35, 2, 539–548 (2023). IF=10.51
- Erik Dykstra, Michael Fralaide, Yu Zhang, Rana Biswas, W. Dennis Slafer, Joseph Shinar, Ruth Shinar, OLEDs on Planarized Light Outcoupling-Enhancing Structures in Plastic, Organic Electronics 111, 106648 (2022).
- Myung Gi Ji, Mohammed Bazroun, In Ho Cho, W. D, Slafer, Rana Biswas, Jaeyoun Kim, Mechano-triboelectric Analysis of Surface Charge generation on Replica-molded Elastomeric Nanodomes. Micromachines 12, 1460 (2021).
- Yu Zhang, Rana Biswas, Ruth Shinar, Joseph Shinar, Simulation of enhanced light extraction from periodic, disordered and quasi-periodic OLED structures, J. Opt. Soc. Am. B. 38 (9) pp. C144-C152 (2021).
- Yu Zhang, Rana Biswas, High light outcoupling efficiency from periodically corrugated OLEDs. ACS Omega 6, 13, 9291–9301 (2021).
- Myung Gi Ji, Qiang Li, Rana Biswas, Jaeyoun Kim, Stability and Time Dependent Decay of Tribocharge on Nanotextured Elastomer surface. NanoEnergy 79, 105441 (2021).
- I-.H. Cho, Q. Li, R. Biswas, J. Kim, A Framework for Putting Scientists’ Eyes on Glass-Box Physics Rule Learner and Its Application to Nano-Scale Phenomena, Nature Communications Physics 3, 78 (2020)
- Qiang Li, I. Cho, Rana Biswas, Jaeyoun Kim, “Nanoscale Modulation of Friction and Triboelectrification via Surface Nanotexturing”, ACS Nanoletters 19, 2, 850-856 (2019).
- Qiang Li, Akshit Peer, I. Cho, Rana Biswas, Jaeyoun Kim, Back Scatter A nano-volcano array, Physics Today, 71 (5), 72 (May 2018).
- Qiang Li, Akshit Peer, I. Cho, Rana Biswas, Jaeyoun Kim, Replica molding-based nanopatterning of tribocharge on elastomer with application to electrohydrodynamic nanolithography, Nature Communications 9, 974 (2018).
- Hosein Monshat, Longju Liu, John McClelland, Rana Biswas, Meng Lu, Infrared emission of a freestanding plasmonic membrane, Appl. Phys. Lett. 112, 031104 (2018).
- Chamika Hippola,Rajiv Kaudal, Eeshita Manna, Teng Xiao, Akshit Peer, Rana Biswas, W. Dennis Slafer, Tom Trovato, Joseph Shinar, Ruth Shinar, Enhanced Light Extraction from OLEDs fabricated on plastic substrates, Adv. Optical Materials 6 (4), 1701244 (2018).
- J. Bhattacharya, P. Joshi, A. Peer, R. Biswas, V. Dalal, Blue photon management by inhouse grown ZnO:Al cathode for enhanced photostability in polymer solar cells, Solar Energy Materials and Solar cells. 179, 95-101 (2018)
- Akshit Peer, Zhongjian Hu, Ajay Singh, Jennifer A. Hollingsworth, Rana Biswas, and Han Htoon, Photoluminescence enhancement of CuInS2 quantum dots in solution coupled to plasmonic gold nanocup arrays, Small 13, 170066033 (2017).
- Peer, R. Dhakal, R. Biswas, J. Kim, Nanoscale Patterning of Biopolymers for functional bio-surfaces and controlled drug release, Nanoscale 8, 18654–18664 (2016).
- Peer and R. Biswas, Extraordinary Optical Transmission in Nanopatterned Ultrathin Metal Film without Holes, Nanoscale 8, 4657 – 4666 (2016).
- J. Fleming, S. Lin, I. El-Kady, R. Biswas, and K. M. Ho, “All metallic absolute photonic band gap three-dimensional photonic crystals for energy applications”, Nature 417, 52 – 55 (2002).
- S. Lin, J.G. Fleming, D.L. Hetherington, B.K. Smith (Sandia), R. Biswas, K.-M. Ho, M.M. Sigalas, W. Zubrzycki, S.R. Kurtz, and J. Bur, “A Three-dimensional photonic crystal operating at infrared wavelengths”, letters to Nature 394, 251-253 (1998)