New for Spring 2018! Thank You to the sixteen students who participated in our Fall ’18 program!
Come back at Fall 2019!
Engineering Global Friends provides an intentional and engaging program that welcomes international and U.S. engineering undergraduate students into connection with each other.
- Students will be paired, one international student with one domestic student (undergraduate engineering students only)
- Pairs are expected to met once a week with two programs a month being organized by the Engineering Global Friends Student Coordinator
- an eleven-week program
Events are free of charge to Engineering Global Friends participants and include:
- Meet and greet
- On campus: Bowling and Billiards, lunch at the ISU Tearoom, Athletic Events, group meet-ups at ISU Afterdark, shows/theater at ISU’s Stephens Auditorium
- Visits to theater, museums, and other Iowa attractions
- End of the semester event
EXPECTATION AND REQUIREMENTS
- Attend the initial “Meet and Greet”
- Use Canvas as an official communication tool and submit a weekly activity summary
- Respond to emails in a timely manner
- Keep an open mind about your partner’s culture, language ability, and time
- Show interest in your partner, ask question, and choose good conversation starters
- Be open about activities that EGF suggests
BENEFITS OF PARTICIPATION
- Opportunities to learn about other cultures and make other connections
- Earn a friendship across the world
- A great resume builder
- Get involved in campus
- Access to events at no cost
- Earn an international peer mentor certificate
Student Coordinator: Ying Xi “Kimmo” Soo
Read about Kimmo on our Staff page.