Joseph (Joe) Charbonnet
- PhD, Civil & Environmental Engineering, University of California, Berkeley, 2018
- MS, Civil & Environmental Engineering, University of California, Berkeley, 2013
- BS, Environmental Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, 2012
- Emerging organic contaminants including PFAS, flame retardants, and biocides
- Remediation of nutrients and toxic metals
- Water and stormwater reuse
- Novel materials for water treatment
Charbonnet, Joseph & Rodowa, Alix & Joseph, Nayantara & Guelfo, Jennifer & Field, Jennifer & Jones, Gerrad & Higgins, Christopher & Helbling, Damian & Houtz, Erika. (2021). Environmental Source Tracking of Per- And Polyfluoroalkyl Substances within a Forensic Context: Current and Future Techniques. Environmental Science & Technology. 55. 10.1021/acs.est.0c08506.
Charbonnet, Joseph & Duan, Yanghua & Genuchten, Case & Sedlak, David. (2021). Regenerated Manganese-Oxide Coated Sands: The Role of Mineral Phase in Organic Contaminant Reactivity. Environmental Science & Technology. 55. 10.1021/acs.est.0c05745.
Charbonnet, Joseph & Weber, Roland & Blum, Arlene. (2020). Flammability standards for furniture, building insulation and electronics: Benefit and risk. Emerging Contaminants. 6. 10.1016/j.emcon.2020.05.002.
Charbonnet, Joseph & Duan, Yanghua & Sedlak, David. (2019). The use of manganese oxide-coated sand for the removal of trace metal ions from stormwater. Environmental Science: Water Research & Technology. 6. 10.1039/c9ew00781d.
Charbonnet, Joseph & Duan, Yanghua & Genuchten, Case & Sedlak, David. (2018). Chemical Regeneration of Manganese Oxide-Coated Sand for Oxidation of Organic Stormwater Contaminants. Environmental Science & Technology. 52. 10.1021/acs.est.8b03304.
Grebel, Janel & Charbonnet, Joseph & Sedlak, David. (2015). Oxidation of Organic Contaminants by Manganese Oxide Geomedia for Passive Urban Stormwater Treatment Systems. Water research. 88. 481-491. 10.1016/j.watres.2015.10.019.