The Sophomore Success Program is designed to assist second year engineering students of color with developing their network of peers, faculty, and staff. This program will assist students in their professional growth on their journey to becoming engineers.
- To assist in the retention and success of second year multicultural students in the College of Engineering through academic, professional, and social-cultural experiences with peers, faculty, staff, and industry professionals.
- Students will develop an academic support network comprised of peers, faculty, and staff.
- Students will develop a professional support network comprised of peers, faculty, staff, and industry professionals.
- Students will develop a greater sense of connection and belonging to the College of Engineering.
- Students will develop a greater sense of purpose.
- Students will develop a greater understanding of Engineering as a discipline.
- Students will identify career and life goals.
- Building your Personal Brand
- Next Steps as an Undergrad
- What it’s like in the Real World
- Techniques for succeeding in the College of Engineering
- An inside-look at Engineering in industry