Wind Energy Initiative
Establish a center of excellence in wind energy research, education and outreach to reduce the cost of wind energy production, delivery and its adoption.
WEI will make wind energy increasingly competitive through:
- reducing capital costs;
- increasing energy capture;
- decreasing costs of addressing variability and uncertainty in power production;
- minimizing operation and maintenance costs;
- enhancing energy delivery; and
- improving the environmental impacts of wind energy.
WEI will lead in developing the talent to meet industrial and academic workforce needs related to wind energy. WEI will provide expertise to regulatory bodies and will seek to engage the general public.
Read more about our Initiative in our brochure.
- Iowa State engineers test taller wind turbine towers made from precast concrete November 11, 2015
- Wind Energy Industry Symposium brings together experts and ideas for advancing wind energy research October 22, 2015
- Iowa NSF EPSCoR Projects Featured at Wind Energy Symposium October 1, 2015