Wind Energy Initiative
Establish a center of excellence in wind energy research, education and outreach to reduce the cost of wind energy production, delivery and its adoption.
WEI will make wind energy increasingly competitive through:
- reducing capital costs;
- increasing energy capture;
- decreasing costs of addressing variability and uncertainty in power production;
- minimizing operation and maintenance costs;
- enhancing energy delivery; and
- improving the environmental impacts of wind energy.
WEI will lead in developing the talent to meet industrial and academic workforce needs related to wind energy. WEI will provide expertise to regulatory bodies and will seek to engage the general public.
- Iowa State University selected to participate in the 2018 DoE Collegiate Wind Competition April 28, 2017
- Iowa State engineer models wind turbines for better designs, performance January 29, 2016
- Sri Sritharan winner of a 2015 Iowa Energy Center Impact Award December 14, 2015
Upcoming Wind Energy Events
- College to host the next NAWEA 2017 Symposium October 26, 2016
- Presentations available: Wind Energy Industry Symposium, Sept. 29, 2015 July 13, 2015