Research in engineering education seeks to ensure that graduates have the right mix of technical expertise, creativity, and ability to contribute to today’s inclusive, collaborative, global work world. At Iowa State University’s College of Engineering, faculty are investigating multiple practices to enhance student engagement and learning, thereby achieving critical student learning outcomes. These practices include the use of evidence-based pedagogical approaches such as project- or problem-based learning and the use of modern delivery methods that blend online learning with interactive classroom sessions. College of Engineering faculty are also engaged in partnerships to promote engineering in the K-12 arena to help sustain and grow the pipeline of diverse students who enter the engineering profession.
- Engineering Epistemologies (Engineering Thinking and Knowing)
- Engineering Learning Mechanisms (Engineering Learning Mechanisms and Approaches)
- Engineering Learning Systems (Engineering Education and Institutional Practices)
- Engineering Diversity and Inclusiveness (Pathways into Diversity and Inclusiveness)
- Engineering Assessment (Research Methods and Assessment)