Orientation is for students who have accepted admission to Iowa State and plan to enroll in an upcoming term. At orientation you will be provided the opportunity to:
- meet with an academic adviser
- register for classes
- obtain your ISU card
- become familiar with the campus
- increase knowledge of important policies and procedures
All engineering students need to complete the online ALEKS math placement assessment before coming to orientation. Online math placement assessment
Students wishing to continue in a foreign language at ISU need to take the online foreign language placement assessment. Bring scores with you to orientation. Online foreign language assessment
Transfer Students are encouraged to attend a transfer orientation session after being admitted. Transfer students also have the option of completing an online orientation session. Math placement assessment scores will be needed before a class schedule can be completed. If you want to continue in a foreign language, scores on the foreign language assessment will be needed to determine which class to put on your schedule.
- College of Engineering June New Student Orientation Presentation (Students)
- College of Engineering June New Student Orientation Presentation (Parents/Guests)
- College of Engineering Transfer Orientation Presentation (Students)
Students completing online orientation should review the transfer orientation presentation for important information regarding classes and requirements within the College of Engineering.