General College and Departmental Scholarships
Hundreds of scholarships are available to distribute among current qualified engineering students in amounts ranging from $250 to $12,000.
OneApp Scholarship Application
The College of Engineering scholarship application is housed in OneApp, a university-wide scholarship software system. This system allows access to all scholarship opportunities available to students through Financial Aid, the college, and their departments in one central online application. This system streamlines every aspect of the scholarship process from the application to selection notifications to thank you letters. Logging on to this system with your net-ID and password will take you to one location where you can track all your scholarship-related information, making the entire process simpler, more efficient, and completely personalized for you!
The current student scholarship application for 2020-2021 awards will open November 1, 2019.
How to Apply
Note: The General Application is open, but the College of Engineering Scholarship Application will not open until November 1, 2019.
- Go to https://iastate.academicworks.com/ to apply!
- Click on the gold ‘Sign In’ button at the top right corner of the page
- Log in using net-ID and password
- Must complete both the General Application and the Engineering Application to be considered for College of Engineering scholarships
- Scholarship application is for students returning Fall 2020 – Spring 2021
- Deadline to apply is February 3, 2020 by 11:59 PM
- Check out the Instructions for completing the engineering scholarship application PDF and the 2020-2021 Scholarships Application Tips and Tricks PDF to help you with the application process.
- Email confirmation is automatically sent after completion of all required questions in the General Application, even if application has only been saved and not officially submitted.
- After email confirmation is sent, students are still able to go back into the application and edit at any time prior to the deadline.
- Direct questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Notification of scholarship selections and regrets:
- Scholarship selection notification emails will be sent in April 2020.
- Basics of scholarship selections
- Directed to OneApp website for further details
- All selections require students to verify acceptance of scholarship(s).
- Thank you letter requirements listed if applicable
- FAFSA need verification requirements listed if applicable
- Students who are not selected to receive any scholarships will also receive a notification.
Follow the link below for best practices when writing your letter.
Office of Student Financial Aid
Explore the Financial Aid website for information related to:
Learn & Earn
Iowa State College of Engineering students will find there are many opportunities to “learn & earn.” Students work at a job, often in their chosen field, and earn a paycheck—it’s a great way to gain real-world experience and help pay for your education.
- Undergraduate research positions give the opportunity to work with faculty on cutting-edge engineering research projects.
- Internships and co-ops are available with a wide range of employers in the field of engineering.
- Work study jobs can be found within engineering and non-engineering offices at the university.
Many jobs are available through the College Work Study (CWS) program for students who meet financial-need requirements as determined by the FASFA and the criteria of individual employers for available work-study positions.
HOW TO APPLY:
File the FAFSA between October 1 and December 1. Be sure to indicate your interest in CWS on the FAFSA because preference in hiring is given to those who meet financial-need requirements as determined by FAFSA.
Engineering International Engagement offers scholarships for students who wish to study abroad. Please visit the International Engagement website for additional information. http://www.engineering.iastate.edu/studyabroad/sample-page/scholarships-financial-aid/
Iowa State’s Honors Program offers several grants and scholarships to its members.
The majority of our annual scholarships are funded by hundreds of individual and corporate partners. Without their generous support, our scholarship program would not be possible. Given the number of donors that support our scholarship program, we do not list them all individually. If you would like information regarding a specific award or donor, please contact Lindsie Shoultz (email@example.com, (515) 294-4883) with the College of Engineering Development Office.