General College and Departmental Undergraduate Scholarships
Hundreds of scholarships are available to distribute among current qualified engineering students in amounts ranging from $250 to $19,000.
Engineering Emergency Scholarships
The College of Engineering has established an Emergency Grant to assist students who have unexpected financial emergencies.
The grant is available on a first come, first serve basis with no guarantee of monetary award. The amount of the grant will not exceed the amount of need stated by the student and is available only once per academic year with a maximum of two awards during students’ academic career at ISU.
Undergraduate eligibility criteria:
- An earned minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0, and be in good academic standing
- Majoring in an Engineering discipline
- Must be experiencing a current financial crisis
- Must have exhausted all other aid options
- Evidence of working with Accounts Receivable Office or Office of Student Financial Aid to attempt to pay outstanding debt
An emergency is defined as an occurrence out of the student’s control during a semester which threatens their ability to remain in school, including but not limited to:
- Natural disaster
- Unplanned disaster to self or immediate family
- Injury or death of a family member
- Catastrophic event impacting financial status
Contact email@example.com with questions or for application information.
Graduate student eligibility criteria can be found at https://www.engineering.iastate.edu/grad/emergency-grant/.
Office of Student Financial Aid
Explore the Financial Aid website for information related to:
Learn & Earn
Iowa State College of Engineering students will find there are many opportunities to “learn & earn.” Students work at a job, often in their chosen field, and earn a paycheck—it’s a great way to gain real-world experience and help pay for your education.
- Undergraduate research positions give the opportunity to work with faculty on cutting-edge engineering research projects.
- Internships and co-ops are available with a wide range of employers in the field of engineering.
- Work study jobs can be found within engineering and non-engineering offices at the university.
Many jobs are available through the College Work Study (CWS) program for students who meet financial-need requirements as determined by the FASFA and the criteria of individual employers for available work-study positions.
Engineering International Engagement offers scholarships for students who wish to study abroad. Please visit the International Engagement website for additional information. http://www.engineering.iastate.edu/studyabroad/sample-page/scholarships-financial-aid/
Iowa State’s Honors Program offers several grants and scholarships to its members.
The majority of our annual scholarships are funded by hundreds of individual and corporate partners. Without their generous support, our scholarship program would not be possible. Given the number of donors that support our scholarship program, we do not list them all individually. If you would like information regarding a specific award or donor, please contact Lindsie Shoultz (firstname.lastname@example.org, (515) 294-4883) with the College of Engineering Development Office.