Willard and Leitha Richardson Professor in Electrical and Computer Engineering
613 Morrill Rd.
Ames, IA 500112100
Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, University of Toronto (1986)
M.A.Sc, Electrical Engineering, University of Toronto (1982)
M.Sc, Electrical Engineering, Cairo University (1980)
B.Sc, Electrical Engineering, Cairo University (1978)
Core Area(s): Computing and networking systems, communications and signal processing, high-performance networks, optical networks, wireless and sensor networks, performance evaluation
Department’s Strategic Area(s): Cyber infrastructure
Google Scholar Profile: http://scholar.google.com/citations?user=BzJg6tsAAAAJ&hl=en&oi=ao
- Kamal, A. E., “1+N Network Protection for Mesh Networks: Network Coding-Based Protection using p-Cycles”, IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, Vol. 18, No. 1, Feb. 2010, pp. 67–80.
- Al-Kofahi, O. M. and A. E. Kamal, “Network Coding-Based Protection of Many-to-One Wireless Flows”, IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications special issue on Network Coding in Wireless Communications, Vol. 27, No. 5, June 2009, pp. 797–813.
- Celik, A., A. Alsharoa and A. E. Kamal, “Hybrid Energy Harvesting-Based Cooperative Spectrum Sensing and Access in Heterogeneous CRNs”, IEEE Transactions on Cognitive Communications and Networking, Vol. 3, No. 1, March 2017, pp.37-48.
- Celik, A. and A. E. Kamal, “Multi-Objective Clustering Optimization for Multi-Channel Cooperative Spectrum Sensing in Heterogeneous Green CRNs”, IEEE Transactions on Cognitive Communications and Networking, Volume 2, No. 2, pp. 150-161
- Almasaeid, H. and A. E. Kamal, ” Exploiting Multichannel Diversity for Cooperative Multicast in Cognitive Radio Mesh Networks”, IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, Volume 22, No. 3, June 2014, pp. 770–783.
- Selim, M. Y., A. E. Kamal, K. F. Elsayed, H. Abdel-Atty and M. Alnuem”, “Fronthaul Cell Outage Compensation for 5G Networks”, IEEE Communications, Vol. 54, No. 8, Aug. 2016, pp. 169-175.
- Almasoud, A. and A. E. Kamal, “Wireless-Powered Machine-to-Machine Multicasting in Cellular Networks”, IEEE Transactions on Green Communications and Networking, Vol. 4, No. 2, June 2020, pp. 515-528.
- Masadeh, A., Z. Wang and A. E. Kamal, “Look-Ahead and Learning Approaches for Energy Harvesting Communications Systems”, IEEE Transcations on Green Communications and Networking, Vol. 4, No. 1, March 2020, pp. 289-300.
- Alsharoa, A., H. Ghazzai, A. Kadri and A. E. Kamal, “Spatial and Temporal Management of Multiple Solar Powered Drones-Assisted Cellular HetNets”, IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, Vol. 19, No. 4, April 2020, pp. 954-968.
Cloud Computing and Data CentersCognitive Radio NetworksOptical NetworksOptimizationPerformance Modeling and EvaluationWireless Networks