Date(s) - 15 Sep 2017 until 13 Oct 2017
12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
Dear Engineering Colleagues,
The United Way Campaign has officially begun! You should have or will receive your envelope through campus mail this week. The college has established an active volunteer committee and we appreciate their efforts in connecting with each of you. Department volunteers/contacts are:
- College Co-Chairs: Lisa Dillavou and Sri Sritharan
- ABE: Sylvia Anderson
- AERE: Kym Hefler and Christina Bloebaum
- CBE: Yue Wu and Brooke Long
- CCEE: Nancy Qvale and Cassie Rutherford
- ECpE: Srikanta Tirthapura
- IMSE: Krista Briley and Gul Kremer (department contacts)
- ME: Juan Ren and Cindy Bartleson
- MSE: Ying Li and Tim Cullinan
Our goal is to have your envelopes returned by October 13. Please consider donating and returning your envelopes prior to the October 13 deadline. However, if you need more time, just let your volunteer know. The college has set up a website to track the progress and provide information on ongoing events. This site can be found on the main College of Engineering website or directly at: https://unitedway.engineering.iastate.edu/
Highlights of the distribution funding efforts of the Story County United Way program is noted below. For more information regarding the support United Way provides to our community, please review their website. There is a vast amount of information regarding the 90 core community programs for Story County. http://www.uwstory.org/
- 44% to Education goals
- 31% to Income goals
- 25% to Health goals
The College of Engineering goal for 2017 is $33,000. A donation as small as $1 a month will have an impact on the community. I have attached a pdf which demonstrates the positive outcomes from various amounts of giving.
If you prefer to donate to another organization or county, you can do this through the donor choice form. It is found at the sight below or a form can be picked up at your department or Dean’s office. This form will need to be completed and included with your envelope.
- The College is planning an online auction from October 2 through October 13. If you have any items or skills you would like to donate, please coordinate with your department volunteers or contact Lisa Dillavou (email@example.com) by September 22.
- The committee is also arranging dessert sales in coordination with the student club pizza sales and a coffee/muffin sales for the morning. Dates have not yet been determined. Donated baked goods are appreciated! Please coordinate with your appropriate department volunteer.
Sarah A. Rajala
James L. and Katherine S. Melsa Dean of Engineering
Iowa State University