Phase one of the building project was completed and put into use for instructional purposes in the fall of 1985. Laboratories in Black Engineering provide state-of-the-art facilities for materials testing, nondestructive evaluations, vibrations testing, the study of thermal sciences, fluids… in short, facilities that cover the full range of experimental activities that attract the attention of mechanical engineers and engineering scientists. Numerous computer rooms allow students to do research, solve complex problems, or create computer graphics.
- In memory of Richard Stanley January 16, 2018
- Ian Schneider new director of CBE biomedical engineering minor program January 16, 2018
- Equity and equality among construction engineering faculty at Iowa State January 16, 2018
- Ph.D. student wins “Best Dissertation” at IEEE International Test Conference January 12, 2018
- ME researcher to study best materials for 3D printing in space January 12, 2018