Take a look at all of the opportunities available for transfer students to help finance their engineering education.
General Merit Scholarships
The Fall 2018 Transfer Merit Scholarship application is now available.
How to Apply
The Transfer Merit Scholarship application is currently available. The deadline to apply is June 1, 2018 at 11:59 PM.
ISU Net-ID is required to log on to the scholarship application website. To register for an ISU Net-ID:
- Go to https://www.it.iastate.edu/foryou/students/
- Click on Register your Net-ID
- Follow the steps provided.
- You will need your 9 digit University ID to register, found in the packet detailing your acceptance to Iowa State that was mailed to you
- If you do not have access to your University ID, call our Admissions Office at 800-262-3810. (We do not give this information via email for security purposes.)
- If you have any issues or questions about this process while completing it, please contact the Information Technology Solution Center at 515-294-4000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- It can sometimes take overnight for the account to become fully activated, so we recommend waiting overnight and attempting your first login the following day after creating the Net-ID.
Once you have your Net-ID, you will be able to complete the Engineering Transfer Scholarship application.
- Application found at https://iastate.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_6R69JgSOz22Rmuh.
- Please note, you will not be able to save your application and go back to it later. It will need to be completed all at once.
- You are allowed to log in as many times as you need, but the application will need to be completed all at once after you begin.
Office of Student Financial Aid
Explore the Financial Aid website for information related to:
Learn & Earn
Many jobs are available through the College Work Study (CWS) program for students who meet financial need requirements as determined by the FAFSA and the criteria of individual employers for available work-study positions.
How to Apply
File the FAFSA between October 1 and December 1. Be sure to indicate your interest in CWS on the FAFSA because preference in hiring is given to those who meet financial need requirements as determined by FAFSA.
Some scholarships are available specifically for study abroad experiences.