Cap and Gown Information
- Caps and gowns are not to be worn for these Pre-Commencement Receptions
- Caps and gowns for Graduation Ceremonies may be obtained from the University Book Store, Memorial Union, phone: (515)294-5684
- With Distinction Cords – if eligible, these can be picked up in the Registrar’s Office, 214 Enrollment Services Center.
How many guests may I bring?
Where and when will the reception be held?
How do I register my attendance?
- Login to AccessPlus.
- Within the “Graduation” menu option after you have filled out your Application for Graduation another sub-category “Diploma/Ceremony” will appear. Clicking on this will take you to a page with options to register for the University Commencement Ceremony as well as your Department’s Pre-Commencement Reception.
- Complete all the fields in the form to register yourself and your guests.
Who needs to register?
When do I need to complete my registration?
What if I already registered and need to change my number of guests or cancel?
Is the reception venue handicap accessible?
What happens at the reception?
Do I also have to register for the commencement ceremony? (As well as all other commencement ceremony and diploma related questions.)
For additional questions not answered in the FAQ’s, please use the department contacts listed on this page.