It is very important that engineering students have at least one internship or co-op experience on their resume. Some employers require candidates for full-time employment to have had an internship or co-op and virtually all employers place high values on experiential work experience. The College of Engineering would like to see all undergraduate students have relevant engineering work-related experience prior to graduation. Faculty can support students in the co-op and internship program by:
- Talking with students that will be starting an internship or co-op to help prepare them to begin what may be their first professional work experience.
- Supporting interns if they have questions while on a work assignment.
- Attending a intern project summary presentations that some companies organize.
- Encourage students to include elements of their work experience in honor projects.
- Invite intern and co-op students to talk about their work experiences in class.
|This Experiential Education Guide was created for advisors to help answer any questions you may have. However, you are always welcome to call our office should you have a question about the program.|