The E2020 Scholars Program in the College of Engineering at Iowa State University provided scholarships to first-year and transfer students who
demonstrated academic potential and financial need based on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Scholarship award amounts totaled $2,500 per year, renewable up to four years, for a potential $10,000.
- Leadership, including teamwork, communication, and service
- Systems Thinking, including interdisciplinary engineering design
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship, including creativity and planning
- Global Awareness and Understanding, including cultural adaptability
E2020 Scholars addressed challenges like the following:
- How do we provide clean water, universal access to information, health care, and robust economies for 9 1/2 billion people?
- How do we restore our crumbling infrastructure? How do we sustain our agriculture and manufacturing?
- How do we reverse global warming while developing nonpolluting, renewable energy sources?
- How do we create sustainable systems in all parts of the world and produce quality food locally?