Terry J. Wipf
- Don and Sharon Greenwood Endowed Department Chair
- Civil, Construction and Environmental Engineering
Main Office390 Town Engr
Ames, IA 50011-3232
- Ph.D. Mechanics and Energetics, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, 1983
- M.S. Civil Engineering, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, 1979
- B.S. Civil Engineering, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, 1974
- Bridge engineering
- Nondestructive evaluation
- Structural health monitoring
- Timber bridges
Brief BiographyHonors and Awards
- Eldon J. Yoder Award for Best Paper at the 9th TRB International Conference on Low-Volume Roads, 2007
- Pitt-Des Moines Endowed Professorship in Civil Engineering, 2002
- David R. Boylan Eminent Faculty Award for Research College of Engineering, 2000
- Young Engineering Faculty Research Award - College of Engineering, 1993
- Charles W. Schafer Award for Excellence in Teaching, Research and Service - Civil Engineering Department, 1987
- Boeing Corporation Award - Civil Engineering Department, 1986
- Chi Epsilon - 1993
- Sigma Xi - 1984
- Lu, P., B.M. Phares, L.F. Greimann and T.J. Wipf. "A Bridge Structural Health Monitoring System Using Statistical Control Chart Analysis", Transportation Research Record 2172, Journal of the Transportation Research Board, Washington, D.C., 2010, p. 123-131.
- Fanous, F., J. May and T. Wipf. "Development of Live Load Distribution Factors for Glued-Laminated Timber Girder Bridges", Accepted for Publication; American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) Journal of Bridge Engineering (In-Press).
- Abu-Hawash, A.H., B. Keierleber, T.J. Wipf and S. Sritharan, "Review of Iowa's Experience with UHPC (Ultra High Performance Concrete)", Third International fib Congress, PCI Convention and Bridge Conference, May 29-June 2, 2010, Bridge Conference Proceedings. 2010 fib Congress: CD-10324-10, Washington, D.C.