Sarah A Bentil
- William March Scholar in Mechanical Engineering
- Assistant Professor
- Mechanical Engineering
Main Office2104 Black Engr
- PhD, Mechanical Engineering, The Ohio State University, 2013
- MS, Mechanical Engineering, University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa, 2006
- BS, Mechanical Engineering, University of Vermont, 2003
- BS, Mathematics, University of Vermont, 2003
- Soft tissue biomechanics
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Blast impact injury mechanisms
- High-speed imaging
- Brain-machine interfaces
- Blunt impact injury mechanisms
Brief BiographyPostdoctoral scholars, Graduate students, and Undergraduate students interested in joining our group should send an email to Dr. Bentil at: sbentil[at]iastate.edu. The email must include a brief description of your research interests and an updated copy of your resume or CV. Laboratory Website: The Bentil Group
Selected Honors and Awards
- William March Scholar in Mechanical Engineering, 2016 – 2019
- Best Presentation Award in Human Factors/Biomedical category, 8th Annual Dayton Engineering Sciences Symposium, 2013
- SA. Bentil, KT. Ramesh, and TD. Nguyen (2016). A dynamic inflation test for soft materials. Experimental Mechanics 56(5), 759–769.
- SA. Bentil and RB. Dupaix (2014). Exploring the mechanical behavior of degrading swine neural tissue at low strain rates via the fractional Zener constitutive model. Journal of the Mechanical Behavior of Biomedical Materials 30, 83–90.
- SS. Rao, SA. Bentil, J. DeJesus, J. Larison, A. Hissong, R. Dupaix, A. Sarkar, and JO. Winter (2012). Inherent interfacial mechanical gradients in 3D hydrogels influence tumor cell behaviors. PLoS ONE 7(4), e35852.
- SA Bentil, S. MacLean, and RB. Dupaix (2010). Viscoelastic properties of macaque neural tissue at low strain rates. In:Proceedings of the ASME 2010 International Mechanical Engineering Congress and Exposition (IMECE). Vol. 2. Paper No. IMECE2010-39071. Vancouver, BC CANADA, pp.853–857.
- AM. Eigen, SA. Bentil, and DL. Smith (2007). The crash problem for advanced restraints. In: 20th Enhanced Safety Vehicles Conference Proceedings. Paper No. 07-0234. Lyon, FRANCE, pp.853–857.